Buried Insight - Bugged — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Buried Insight - Bugged

Im playing HOT quest line.
Came to this quest and cannot progress due to Taimi just standing beside the point non stop. Not moving, not doing anything.

This is a known bug and its actually stopping my progress. Why hasn't this been fixed?!?!

Comments

• @Nedmonds.3195 said:
    Came to this quest and cannot progress due to Taimi just standing beside the point non stop. Not moving, not doing anything.

This is a known bug and its actually stopping my progress. Why hasn't this been fixed?!?!

I'm not sure that there's a bug, known or otherwise. There's a spot early on when I always think I can go ahead (and I do) and then Taimi doesn't move. Instead, I'm supposed to take a look at something first. I think I've done that story 10 times and I've forgotten 5 times to do that. It's very frustrating right up until I remember to do it.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• There are a lot of posts online about it, from other forums etc.
    Im supposed to defend her from chak, i do point 1, 2, 3, then at 4 only one enemy spawns. Kill it, nothing...

Still has sheild over her head to protect. The other NPC's follow me, she stands there.

• Here is a note from the Wiki:
    Sometimes Taimi may stall after the line "I think so. We're almost right on top of the source!" and will not move forward. The only way this can be avoided is to defeat the golem that spawns and walks down the path before Taimi reaches the area.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Buried_Insight#Walkthrough

Good luck.

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nedmonds.3195 said:

I'm not sure that there's a bug, known or otherwise. There's a spot early on when I always think I can go ahead (and I do) and then Taimi doesn't move. Instead, I'm supposed to take a look at something first. I think I've done that story 10 times and I've forgotten 5 times to do that. It's very frustrating right up until I remember to do it.

It's a bug kitten ! She just stands still after the fight to protect her at the second pylon. I've walked all around the instance to try and trigger her to move to no avail, I have restarted the quest, the same thing happens. It's 2018, this bug was reported years ago and the expansion is what 3 or more years old now, and it's obviously still not fixed. That's totally unacceptable, I can't get a response from a GM in game, if anet even have them, again that's not acceptable.

• After 10 or so relogs, I eventually got through the quest. If you are having this issue, just keep relogging until you get it to not glitch. Stupid really, after the length of time this has been live, this bug should have been fixed, poor poor from anet

• February 17, 2020, still stuck at the second pylon. Will try a third reboot. sigh.

• Cach.9047Cach.9047 Member

Very annoying and frustrating have the same bug.

• ah so yea this still does...

• Very troubling...I have done this one 3 times now...on my newest character, an asura I now cannot proceed past the Buried insight. Taimi just holds as the second pylon. Moronic that this two year old bug keeps appearing. Come on guys can we get this fixed?

• September 12, 2020. Bug is still very, very presesnt. Had Taimi stuck at pylon 3, then at 2.
    Then found the issue: Some chak remained hidden underground. My Spectral Grasp found them...

• I have found workaround: just don't kill enemies too fast. Let Taimi hit at least once, when this happens you should have no problem with passing missinon.

• Definitely still bugged, but Fury's workaround seems to work. Thanks!