Exotic Marauder Dragonhunter advice

iBhoot.4051

Hey GWer's,

Previous/Before armour. All bersker armour exotic. 6x superior runes of divinity.Current/New armour. Maraduer armour exotic. 6x superior runes of strength.Everything else was the same. Finding out that Berserker setup was not as powerful but I was alot tougher, and durable.On Mara I am getting 50% of health swiped on a boss hit, I checked this against the Bersker, which has lower toughness and I was getting 40%.I then added ascended mara trinkets and it was more of the same, swapped out some spare trinkets for more toughness ones and its got slightly better.Feel like I am missing a step. My combo links and swaps using scepter/torch + greatsword are on point, why is Mara setup inferior to Berserker for PvE survivability?For reference, I tried some armour ready for salvage, full sets of Privateer and they are better. What is the point of having all that dps when your dead so quickly? I know about the Firebrand setup, still learning it but not nailed it down like DH. I have 5x full exotic setups with 6x same runes in each. Zerker I stay alive long enough to win, Mara is one bad hit and I'm down. Don't get me wrong, when the Mara stacks build up its hit harder than any of my other builds but a some distance, even without critical hits it hits like a ton. Now deciding, do I go ascended armour zeker or mara maybe?

You're misunderstanding the purpose of Vitality, I think.

Unlike Toughness, Vitality isn't an effective defense; it doesn't reduce damage, and only increases the amount of damage you can take, but restoring that damage (healing) is much more difficult as a result. This means that Vit doesn't actually increase your survivability, just how much you can take before someone heals you, while on Berserker you have lower HP and self-heal easier.

The purpose of Vit on gear is to have 15k HP to survive one-shots. Beyond that, you want Toughness instead.

On your berserker armor you have toughness and vitality (+10% life) from your runes. Plus you should also deal more damage with berserker, resulting into killing mobs faster, resulting into less hits received.

Edit* Actually, I haven't do the math, but if you're only talking about the armor and not accessories etc, you may also have more vitality from berserker + the divinity runes than from the marauder armor + strenght's runes.You don't have to blame marauder or berserker, you have to blame the runes.

Hannel. Good point.Zhaid. Divinty beserker does have higher HP. Average is 17.5k to 18.5k, Mara is 16.x 17.0 max.Looking at the runes it seems if I can go power+toughness or vitality+toughness. I'd be giving up a large amount of dps due to might stacking..It might be better to keep the armour and go all accessories set to Cavalier ascended, which would bump up the toughness.

Back, when Guardian could heal on Greatsword attacks, the Vitality was much more useful.I still miss these small heals.

You might want to look for more Synergy with he Vitality via runes though.I use Superior Runes of the Wurm with my Marauder gear for extra critical damage.

Fueki. I unequipped 1x ring+ 2x accessory to test out how it felt. I then replaced these three with ascended versions with toughness/vital or toughness/power. So overall it is 1x backpack + amulet (karma enrichment) + ring (attuned) all mara stats. 1x ring (attuned) + 2x accessories all with toughness/vit or toughness/power. Crit chance is on 50%. The key aspect is the rotation chain, for example. I use sceper/torch + greatsword. Scepter skill 1 does not hit that hard but when I do the rotation a single scepter hit will go from 6xx to 2xxxx per hit, spirit sword and torch (skill 5) hit for 3k to 6K per hit. GS swap when in full rotation is per hit 4k/7k/10k/19k/19k/24k. In simple terms, it takes a few attacks to kick into gear but when it does it does bring a smile to the face. Set torch with superiror sigil of impact, only thing I have that hits harder than torch skill 5 is the cleansing bolt GS skills 4+2 when under might. I am still on exotic mara armour. Pretty sure mara ascended armour will allow me move the trinkets from mara/toughness split to power/toughness or mara + 2x toughness. Currently on 18k vit/5xx toughness. It's not the most rounded build but it does work well, my only issue is that I cannot solo enough high-end bosses yet, before I could swipe off 25% health of the boss before downing. Now its 60% average. Ascended armour + ascended scepter/torch will finish it off. Already have GS Twilight stacked with sigils of impact + strength, 2x +5 Mighty infusions. All stats without food buffs.