WvW Roaming - DPS Druid

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Nice, but I think that just confirmed my suspicions that ranger is just super underpowered in WvW in general. It takes so long to kill something, and being locked in to LB only works really well if your opponent doesn't call your bluff (Reapers, Berzerkers, and any flavor of burn Guardian can wreck your day in seconds).

I've tried survival builds to overcome this and they do work--can run from pretty much anything; but they also can't kill anything either. I myself am trying a power SB, currently with leadership runes to try and mitigate the rampant condi spam (i.e 4-6k burn stacks per second). Working only some of the time if the other player isn't all that competent--or stalemating at best if they are.

I'm almost exactly opposite of this as I'm running all melee, which surprisingly does work for as I said above--survival / kiting / being annoying.

I want to roam again, so really tempted just to yolo it with something similar to scholarship runes and Maurader/Berzerker gear--but have a feeling every reaper and their mother is going to wreck my day. Maybe go back to Druid like you did, as immobilize is fun for those not expecting it, and celestial shadow is probably our best 'oh crap' button. Hate losing the condi mitigation from second skin though (and Dolyak stance)...

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:Nice, but I think that just confirmed my suspicions that ranger is just super underpowered in WvW in general. It takes so long to kill something, and being locked in to LB only works really well if your opponent doesn't call your bluff (Reapers, Berzerkers, and any flavor of burn Guardian can wreck your day in seconds).

I've tried survival builds to overcome this and they do work--can run from pretty much anything; but they also can't kill anything either. I myself am trying a power SB, currently with leadership runes to try and mitigate the rampant condi spam (i.e 4-6k burn stacks per second). Working only some of the time if the other player isn't all that competent--or stalemating at best if they are.

I'm almost exactly opposite of this as I'm running all melee, which surprisingly does work for as I said above--survival / kiting / being annoying.

I want to roam again, so really tempted just to yolo it with something similar to scholarship runes and Maurader/Berzerker gear--but have a feeling every reaper and their mother is going to wreck my day. Maybe go back to Druid like you did, as immobilize is fun for those not expecting it, and celestial shadow is probably our best 'oh kitten' button. Hate losing the condi mitigation from second skin though (and Dolyak stance)...

I personally find reapers not that difficult (rekt soooooo many as thats about half of what I see roaming). Burn guard I do swap between staff and LB (Staff for #3 and 2 really and if I watch my cleanses im usually ok) and Berzerkers arent too bad to deal with either as long as I can kite the rampage elite and keep a stun breaker avail in case.

Main issues is holo/scrappers. Staff is better over LB for those, however hard to nail em down long enough for LB to be useful. Weavers are a pain in the butt as I have to time every CC. Thieves are hit and miss, depends on how fast they can burst melee.

I do agree that DPS druids are underpowered (condi is in too good a place imo), however it did (once in a lifetime) 5v1 over the no downstate week (which wil be my next vid). I rarely run meta and try to make do with what I like. Thats all I do is roam (that and JP's and dungeons)

@"Darrack.4069" said:Thanks for the video, these things are great for returning players like myself, currently roaming on my old scrapper but am trying to get back into my Druid.Would you mind re-posting your build again?

Be Safe

Thanks for the comment :)

Scrapper is also in a decent place as well. Out of the 2 ranger specs (so far), I find DPS druid to be the hardest to be successful on. Condi Druid and its "melt ya down while ya cant move while being a bit tanky" is a bit too good imo. Hopefully this gets toned down a tad.

Here is the build, which is also in the youtube video description.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POlAMZlFw8YdsM2JO0Pvt6SM/bA-zVRYiRFRtRoVlSTFQbJQpRQrhgtzi5mRA-w

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Darrack.4069" said:Thanks for the video, these things are great for returning players like myself, currently roaming on my old scrapper but am trying to get back into my Druid.Would you mind re-posting your build again?

Be Safe

Scrapper is also in a decent place as well. Out of the 2 ranger specs (so far), I find DPS druid to be the hardest to be successful on. Condi Druid and its "melt ya down while ya cant move while being a bit tanky" is a bit too good imo. Hopefully this gets toned down a tad.

Cheers for that, your build is a lot different from what ive been trying out - im mainly using BM and WS.Seems like i need to think more offensively than defense and switch out Oakheart and refined toxins.Maybe im thinking too much about the pet.I see the merit in shared anguish though its on a hellofa cooldown!

I assume that for a condi version you would switch to shortbow?

Yeah i love my scrapper, he was my first character when the game launched but i switched to Ranger as it was more fun.I am using my druid now to catch up on the storyline (kitting the scrapper for wvw roam).ive always played druids in EQ/EQ2/WOW etc so would love to get back into it.

Be Safe

@Darrack.4069 said:

@Darrack.4069 said:Thanks for the video, these things are great for returning players like myself, currently roaming on my old scrapper but am trying to get back into my Druid.Would you mind re-posting your build again?

Be Safe

Cheers for that, your build is a lot different from what ive been trying out - im mainly using BM and WS.Seems like i need to think more offensively than defense and switch out Oakheart and refined toxins.Maybe im thinking too much about the pet.I see the merit in shared anguish though its on a hellofa cooldown!

I assume that for a condi version you would switch to shortbow?

Yeah i love my scrapper, he was my first character when the game launched but i switched to Ranger as it was more fun.I am using my druid now to catch up on the storyline (kitting the scrapper for wvw roam).ive always played druids in EQ/EQ2/WOW etc so would love to get back into it.

Be Safe

I tend to run different builds compared to most, seeing if I can make em work.Damage is ok on this build. Tried to pump it up w/o losing too many components of the core of the build. Can be a bit slippery at times which I like. Can never think too much about pets. They can compliment and make you stronger or fill in weaknesses. Pets are important.

It is a hellofa cooldown for sure. Lots of CC's out there, and can even help with safe stomp. the 300s CD's have gotta go on just about everything.

You can swap LB for SB for sure. Condi myself id go Axe/Torch instead of staff, however staff adds a bit of healing and mobility.

Scrapper was the first HoT spec I got into, and it was in PvP. There was a PvP season of bunkers (either S1 or S2) and soooooo many ppl complained as bunkers were king. Wouldnt die and took a lot to kill one. Made matches boring. I made a unique build (prob my first baby build) that was deemed Bunker Buster Butthead by opponents. I could take 2 bunker on 1 point and wipe em. RIP BBB

I also use my ranger for story. Pet takes aggro and I just pewpew. Ranger downed pet res also very useful