Mouse stuttering with high-end pc

Got myself a new pc. Functions excellent in BFV and often completely fine in ESO. But mouse stuttering in GW2 is rather horrible, on max settings, outside cities, while ESO on ultra is usually smooth when being inside large trading cities. Does anybody know how to fix it, please?

My system:

10900k, 5.1 ghz OC.2080 Super64 gb ramG604 wireless, G HUB software.DSR x 4 in Nvidia control panel238 G-sync, with Riva Tuner.

Have tried the following:

DPI polling set to 500, 250, 125

Disabled DPI scaling in-game

Reduced Character Model Limit to medium.

Set reflections to None in-game.

No keyboard stuttering, but the mouse is just bad...

Any way to fix this?

I know about d912pxy but prefer not to install open source software, if I can avoid it. Fear bugs and viruses :)

@Loke.6310 said:I know about d912pxy but prefer not to install open source software, if I can avoid it. Fear bugs and viruses :)

now i doubt d912pxy will solve your mouse stuttering issues but i must point out that regarding open source software, you are very wrong. FOSS (free open source software) especially those hosted in github/gitlab are very much safe and in the event that it's accused of even having any trace of malicious code, the whole source code is there for you to review and verify.

@Loke.6310 said:Got myself a new pc. Functions excellent in BFV and often completely fine in ESO. But mouse stuttering in GW2 is rather horrible, on max settings, outside cities, while ESO on ultra is usually smooth when being inside large trading cities. Does anybody know how to fix it, please?

My system:

10900k, 5.1 ghz OC.2080 Super64 gb ramG604 wireless, G HUB software.DSR x 4 in Nvidia control panel238 G-sync, with Riva Tuner.

Have tried the following:

DPI polling set to 500, 250, 125

Disabled DPI scaling in-game

Reduced Character Model Limit to medium.

Set reflections to None in-game.

No keyboard stuttering, but the mouse is just bad...

Any way to fix this?

I know about d912pxy but prefer not to install open source software, if I can avoid it. Fear bugs and viruses :)

This issue well may be that your mouse is plugged into a usb port that is sharing the same IRQ address as another device that you're using and this could be causing the stutter. I would try using other usb ports (USB 3 and USB 2) as these would by nature have different IRQ address as they report to a different controller.

FYI the d912pxy is completely safe. On the d912pxy discord channel dsnider is a GW2 game dev /engineer is a moderator ! ). You can always join the discord channel if this would help alleviate your concerns.

The mod has been in development for over a year now.

"On the d912pxy discord channel dsnider is a GW2 game dev /engineer is a moderator"

Cool, that's reassuring :) Btw, is Nexus Mods equally safe?

Only got my Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to the pc.

Read that:

"Make sure to enable a-synchronous texture loading in the [d912pxy] config.ini and the issue should be resolved."

Is that true?

Will disabling HPET in Windows 10 reduce mouse stuttering? Tried to look for it in the Asus bios, but couldn't find it (after a quick superficial search).

@"Loke.6310" said:"On the d912pxy discord channel dsnider is a GW2 game dev /engineer is a moderator"

Cool, that's reassuring :) Btw, is Nexus Mods equally safe?

Only got my Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to the pc.

Read that:

"Make sure to enable a-synchronous texture loading in the [d912pxy] config.ini and the issue should be resolved."

Is that true?

Will disabling HPET in Windows 10 reduce mouse stuttering? Tried to look for it in the Asus bios, but couldn't find it (after a quick superficial search).

Try using different usb ports with your mouse. If that doesn’t work , it could be a faulty mouse !

I have little knowledge on the impact of HPET, so I can't help you there.

I don't know what the Nexus mod is so can’t advise on it’s safety.

@Loke.6310 said:Okay, good to now about Github. Does the same apply to mods at Nexus for example? depends on what's posted on Nexus mods -- that site's purpose purely for gaming modifications and addons and these said mods and addons are most often, already compiled and usually reposted from somewhere else -- you aren't sure what you're getting. not saying it's dangerous but it's also not 100% safe. 

github and similar websites are purely for developing software: hosting your source code, sharing your code, developing and publishing for release. people can put up issues/threads about any bugs your software has or suggest edits to your code to improve it. it's an active community. if you're really paranoid and don't trust any open source software you see: review the source code > check for any malicious code > compile it yourself ---- platforms such as Github allow that 

and d912pxy is hosted on Github and as @Mack.3045 repeats, is completely safe. 

regarding your mouse issues, try lowering dpi and polling rate to the factory/default/safemode values in your mouse software (logitech)

@"Loke.6310" said:Will disabling HPET in Windows 10 reduce mouse stuttering?

Do you also have mouse stuttering while downloading games on Steam or sound stuttering while playing YouTube videos, especially while having other applications open at the same time? If so, that could indeed be connected to HPET.

Tried to look for it in the Asus bios, but couldn't find it (after a quick superficial search).

Some motherboards don't have a BIOS option for it, you'll need to deactivate it in Windows' device manager:

• Type in Command Prompt (launch in Admin mode): bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
  • Restart you PC
  • Open the Device Manager and disable "High precision event timer" unter "System devices"

You shouldn't need to do that, though, if you aren't experiencing any other symptoms. Of course, you can still test it. To reactivate HPET, enable the device again and type into Command Prompt: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true.

P.S. Have you tried a clean install of your mouse driver?

@Loke.6310 said:d912pxy actually worked! :)

Tnx for help and advice :)

Excellent Loke ! Glad it worked for you. The fix may be due to the d912pxy utilising multi-threading in DX12 . This means that your mouse input data is possibly being offloaded to another cpu thread separate from the main render thread that is the norm when using the game in native DX9. Could be any number of factors that caused this issue initially.A great outcome, happy gw2-ing :)