early observations on the behavior of GW2 players

ichi.1586

I hadn't played GW2 for more than 2 years before rejoining just this past week. This summer I ventured into Black Desert Online. Oi yoi yoi, whereas BDO has some really great features (and some real bad ones, talk about a grind!), the community there is so bad it's one of the reasons why I stopped playing. GW2 chat is a relief compared to BDO.

@ichi.1586 said:we're a very casual duo haven't played much, we've been talking amongst ourselves about how it seems like most GW2 folks are friendly and decent, or at least tolerant of newbies - people we meet in the open world aren't toxic - we've jumped into a couple of events where we really did not have a clue about mechanics, got rezzed but never yelled at - we've seen some commanders who seemed stressed out but even they were pretty chill and even helpful - and it was only yesterday for the first time we saw some weirdo in chat spewing some vileness

no doubt there's some turds in swimming pool, but the GW2 community as a group seems pretty cool, which is nice

Then rather avoid the forum. Here unfortunately many people only see themselves and are not interested in others :/.In game, however, most of the time it is really more pleasant :). Hope you have fun.

Welcome to the game, Glad you've been having a good experience so far!I had a similar experience too in the beginning, I was kind of confused with everything involved in the game but everyone was so helpful. When ever I needed help or an explanation there was someone there to give it, Over a year later I can say 99% of my experiences in game have been positive.

Welcome to Tyria!Open world is very friendly.It's not till you hit meta events, WvW/sPvP the toxic people come out.

Old guild I was in in WvW I got kicked out because the g-lead was jealous I talked to a chick he had a thing for basicallyEither you come across the most friendly people or the most stuck up toxic people.