Connect GW2 through VPN Proxy — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Connect GW2 through VPN Proxy

Hi,
is it possible to connect GW2 using a vpn proxy on a remote server ?
If it's so, how this could be made ? I'm trying changing commands line switch with any success.

Thx
Regards

Comments

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

As fas as I know, Guild Wars uses the systems proxy to connect, thus the one you configure in the internet options. You probably need to set up your proxy there.

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• @Nokomis.5076 said:
    As fas as I know, Guild Wars uses the systems proxy to connect, thus the one you configure in the internet options. You probably need to set up your proxy there.

Hi Nokomis,
    thx for reply!
    I thought the same as well and tried to setup proxy in the internet options -> lan settings but it seems gw2 ignore that settings :

proxysettings.jpg

where xx.xx.xx.xx is the remote vpn proxy server (privoxy) that is running on port 8118

Are there some other settings to be done ?

Thx

Regards
    Skyline

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

Hmmm what happens, when you let Guild Wars run on port 8118? Done via -clientport 8118

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• godofcows.2451godofcows.2451 Member ✭✭✭

openvpn no workie workie? all traffic thou.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

A standard proxy is something a program has to support in order to use. It's not something you can simply turn on like a VPN. It is possible to force it by using software like FreeCap, but it's not ideal. A VPN on the other hand act likes a network connection, so everything will naturally go through it. See OpenVPN for that.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.