Ranger Shortbow 2 causing mini video freezes/lags

After the Beta Update, my Ranger's shortbow 2 been causing my game to literally freeze for like almost a second after the skill hits, asked some other people to try it out, it isn't happening with all of them, but 4 other people confirmed it happening to them.

Tried lowering graphics, different heights, situations, single mobs, pack of mobs and dummy targets. Still happens after a fraction of second after the confirmed hit.

To replicate you just have to hit shortbow 2, apparently the closer you are to the target, worse is the effect, no effect whatsoever if you don't actually hit something, it's something tied to the hit. Be it condition/damage application of the skill in particular, couldn't notice it with any other "shotgun type skill".

Please if someone can try and take a look at this one, I created a Ranger just to be condi, but it's absolutely frustrating getting freezes everytime I use my main shortbow 2 skill...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Then I would do a repair of the files and remove all the addon.
In any case I would contact anet support, they give a good service. 

Thanks, I had to make this forum post just in case anyone comes searching for this, it doesn't seem like a problem on my end.

4 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

It is thou, some setup you may have as it does not happen to me and you said it doesn’t happen to others. 

Not all of them, but some others have noticed this same thing happening to them, if it was only me I'd never create a forum post.

hello , 

i can confirm that this issue is not on our end , as i did all the steps that are posted above followed by teseting .. even reinstalled windows and the problem still there no matter what i do ! 

so this is clearly not on my end . i hope for a fix soon as this makes my game unplayable and the combat is very very annoying trying to dodge in these millisecond situation and such .

• Haha 2

I get the micro stutters as well on my end when my clones apply a debuff with my mesmer and when I use Poison Volley on my ranger. I have tested with the default dx9 client, d12pxy mod and dxvk mod, they all have the same hitching with certain abilities (really easy to notice with Ranger Poison Volley). It does not do it all the time but defiantly enough to be annoying and break immersion.  Does not matter if my settings are on highest or lowest. SPECS BELOW

Win 10 PRO latest patch

i5 9600k

RTX 2060 Super (471.68 Drivers)

16G RAM

Onboard Realtek Audio

512G NVMe Samsung

MSI Z390 Mobo

750W Seasonic Platinum PSU

APC 1500 UPS

I hope the migration to DX11 will mitigate this.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, DaFishBob.6518 said:

Some insight, it doesn't cause a stutter for me when there are enough characters on the screen that the attack visuals for this skill disappear before finishing completely.

Yes that is correct. It's ok when in zerg at WvW but it gets quite bad during pvp when I'm getting freezes every few seconds...

Having the same issue here. The problem does seem tied to the poisoned arrow visual itself, because the only thing that gets rid of the stutter for me is The Dreamer shortbow skin, which modifies the projectile graphics (I assume Chuka & Champawat/any other skins that change the projectiles would do the same, but I don't have them to test it). I tried various graphics settings and disabling Reshade (I don't use any other mods/overlays), but none of that helped.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, Jariel.9274 said:

Same problem here. I'm getting crazy, don't know what graphic setting I have to lower to prevent or mitigate this issue. In PvP is driving me crazy.

There is no graphic setting that will make it go away. I think I tried all the combinations. On top of that skill also weaver's 2nd sword skill causes the stutter. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, Gomoratoad.9867 said:

Having the same issue here. The problem does seem tied to the poisoned arrow visual itself, because the only thing that gets rid of the stutter for me is The Dreamer shortbow skin, which modifies the projectile graphics (I assume Chuka & Champawat/any other skins that change the projectiles would do the same, but I don't have them to test it). I tried various graphics settings and disabling Reshade (I don't use any other mods/overlays), but none of that helped.

Doesn't matter if you use mods or not. I've uninstalled the game and tried on the clean setup. Nothing helps.... Also I adressed the issue to Anet via tickets, but no respond. The issue has been with us for quite a while already and haven't seen any response yet...

Noticed this bug yesterday while doing Twilight Arbor explorable forward path. Those nightmare archers spamming their shortbow skill redused my fps by ~20 every time. They don't have any fancy projectile effects, it has to be tied to the skill.

Running Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM + RTX 3070.