[NA||PvX||TC] Remnants of Hope [RoH]: A true gaming community

Skaal.9362

I first heard about Remnants of Hope from a family member who joined the guild a couple years ago. This family member knew I had been looking for a community to hang out with during the pandemic, and had suggested I check out the guild. Now, as a neurodiverse person of color who also identifies as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, a gaming guild might seem like an…unusual choice. But after participating in one of the guild’s monthly karaoke nights, I decided that applying might not be such a bad idea.

I’m so happy and grateful I did apply. 

From the moment I began my application, the ROH community embraced me with open arms. Despite the rigorous application process, I was met with kind and patient people each step of the way, and I am so honored to be able to have such an amazing community there to support me.  It is truly incredible to witness the care and support everyone shows towards each other, both newcomers and veterans alike.

• Like 3

I have been playing GW2 on and off for the last 10 years - and have been looking for an active guild that would meet my needs. I'm not strong in WVW or PVP and tend to concentrate on PVE and story driven content. I asked in game if anyone could suggest a good guild and was directed to this thread. After reading through the comments and guild mission (not sure what to call it), I decided to apply. The application process was intriguing to me, and I heard back quickly that I was being granted a trial membership. Having said that, this guild has been by far the most helpful guild I have ever played with - in any MMO. They are incredibly patient with questions and are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure you can participate in an event. They run events daily, with a variety of content, so it's not just the same thing over and over. They have something for everyone. So, if you're looking for a guild that will welcome you and actually help you better yourself - apply to Remnants of Hope!

• Like 3

Posted on our reddit thread:

It's a guild AND a community. Filled with both new and returning players. There's usually something happening everyday between PVE, PVP, and WVW. It's worth the time to become a trial member and see for yourself if this guild is right for you.

I am now a full member of Remnants of Hope. The extent of this community goes beyond just being a Guild in GW2. All the members I have spoken too and played with are really helpful, patient and kind.

The trial process was actually a great experience, it gave me the chance to see if RoH is a good fit for me.  It is, I'm very happy with my choice.

I think if you enjoy playing online games with others and want to relax, laugh or even show your competitive side. You need to check Remnants of Hope out for yourself.

• Like 2

Hi all! Thammarat here to provide everyone with some fun insight into last nights events.

We kicked the night off with our monthly GW2 lottery. Fun fact: Did you know the winners get paid in gold and new members get 1 free entry? The lottery helps fund guild prizes, WvW siege, ascended food, and more! After that, we did some guild missions and fishing shenanigans! 

Experience this and more when you join Remnants of Hope! Feel free to reach out with any questions and we hope you consider applying! 🙂 

• Like 1

As part of our Achievement Hunting event, tonight we did Dragon Response Mission triple-challenge modes.  A lot of GW2 content feels easy due to power creep, but those events were at a substantial level of challenge! Got 3/3 on three and 2/3 on two, and will definitely go back for more!

• Like 1

During my trial with Remnants of Hope, I have had heaps of fun! From HoT HP trains to relaxing on a boat and fishing with guildies, I've had a smile on my face all along the way. I can absolutely say that I feel right at home in this guild. Everyone has been super nice, welcoming and down to earth. RoH is a no pressure guild and they put their community FIRST and foremost. 2 weeks have already flown by and I am now a full member!

Seriously, if you are looking for the perfect guild, look no further!

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 12:23 PM, veridical.3157 said:

During my trial with Remnants of Hope, I have had heaps of fun! From HoT HP trains to relaxing on a boat and fishing with guildies, I've had a smile on my face all along the way. I can absolutely say that I feel right at home in this guild. Everyone has been super nice, welcoming and down to earth. RoH is a no pressure guild and they put their community FIRST and foremost. 2 weeks have already flown by and I am now a full member!

Seriously, if you are looking for the perfect guild, look no further!

So glad to have you in the community!!! 

Edited by Thammarat.4185

• 2 weeks later...

If you are on the TC Server and looking for a permanent Home with a Guild, you can't go wring with Remnants of Hope [RoH]. Just finished my 2 week Trial Membership and got voted in as a full Member. I loved the 2 week Trial System, keeps the Guild healthy and everyone can get to know each other. I am not a Pve Player and just got started trying PVE content, my first strike Missions was with ROH. I died allot not used to PVE and the Strike Mission System, but everyone was friendly and explained what was going on. Best PVE experience ever. WVW is always fun with our Commanders, are we a big Zerg on the Map where everyone is expandable and replaceable? No we are normally in a mid sized group but our Commanders can take on bigger groups, and its always fun no matter if we win our loose. If you want a Family friendly Guild this will we the last Guild u join, for me it is and im enjoying my time with ROH. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

One great thing about this guild is that it is a functioning democracy. Congratulations to @Jeul.1068 on being elected new leader of the Guild Wars Division! And we are currently holding the election for the next leader of the community as a whole.

Rotating, democratically elected leadership helps keep things fresh, and limits the effect of inevitable gaming burnout.  If a leader decides to take a break, it doesn't damage the guild--we just elect another one.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Remnants of Hope is a very cool guild I really like the dungeons in guild wars and it was super easy to get folks to delve into dungeons with once I joined this guild, Also I really enjoyed the boss fights where we jumped from waypoint to waypoint as a team as each world boss spawned!

• Like 2