Return to Sirens Landing Story not allowing progress

Hello devs,  well its almost 3 weeks since the last drop of "redo" and this issue I check daily isn't resolved. So finally posting here. For the latest redo story the first part "where's balth" works fine, going to the 2nd part works just doesn't save progress to keep going. I have done "enter the hidden entrance" 3x now (not counting original completion) and it saves nothing. Here is the kicker, it gave me credit for sirens landing redo but every time I go in (solo or in party) it states not your active story. saves nothing and I'm back to square 2 enter the entrance. so I cannot complete the redo story because I cannot get past the 2nd part. I did a ticket but they say they cannot help me its up to the devs. I submit a bug report everyday it is not fixed, nothing is done. I'm grateful you fixed the wvw bugs, the eod bugs, then you fixed the bugs for the beta's,  but can we please get some help on the story please? A friend of mine tried his character and he has the same thing. So it is not just me. I cannot seem to get any help from anet and your going to drop another redo Tuesday. Kind a crazy but hey that's just my opinion. I've checked my build, haven't used taco in over 4 months (redo stories have been fine up until this one). I have gone in solo, doesn't work or save. I have gone in with a party with someone who doesn't have it broken, doesn't save or progress. So now dev's it is in your hands. Hope you read this and fix it for everyone else, especially before Tuesday. I know its a long shot giving since the redo story isn't a money maker but this seems to be the only bug for 3 weeks that isn't being worked on or resolved in any way. :(

Hoping,

Willow

its called "redo" not pick a new character and try it. all the redo's so far have been fine. I am not skipping anything. I got credit for it so far. but it is still bugged and needs to be fixed. providing a work around is foolish as the bug will create more if not fixed. its not a solution but offering of duct tape...no thanks

Let me try and explain differently since the above post is not registering with you. I started the redo to siren's landing about 3 weeks ago when it was dropped. It was a green star (not purple, a green star) I and a friend partied up, we finished where's balthezar, both got credit all was good. We went to the next one in the hidden entrance, finished it, finished the achievement's in it, got credit via the redo and left the instance. However my friends story continues with the redo (he has a green star) , mine does not. It is, as if I did not do the enter the hidden entrance shining blade part at all. the story is not progressing. so all stars are purple, hence the bug reports hence the tickets. Every time I enter it and complete it does not save and progress. so the redo sirens landing, cannot be finished as I cannot get to the last chapter in the story. whether you are doing the story or the redo you cannot skip parts to get to another chapter. I cannot progress to last chance because the story is bugged and does not progress. 

I am not a new player. Please only respond and post if you are a dev to fix the story. Much appreciation in advance. 

Thank you for posting this bug and great details. I have a couple of friends who have had the same experience. I have also seen a few other posts on this forum stating the same bug on these forums over the last few weeks. Hopefully the devs will come up with a fix BEFORE the next return story release.

Edited by Willdarian.5926
grammar

so tried to continue sirens landing with a friend and cannot even get an invite to show up now, to join on their story. come on devs please, It has been 3 weeks yesterday, I've done 2 tickets I've submitted bug reports daily and still nothing. IDK it is almost like devs done visit these forum but wait for the community to fix their own problems? I am just guessing as 3 weeks is a lot of time to not have any fix at all. Now even more bugs are showing up for people with the newly dropped redo....I have no clue about your job but imo wont it just compound and compound the more these fixes are ignored? Please please fix these "bugs", we are your loyal fans and admirer's, please don't brush us off. 

On 8/21/2021 at 5:06 PM, Goddess Dana.5387 said:

We went to the next one in the hidden entrance, finished it, finished the achievement's in it, got credit via the redo and left the instance. However my friends story continues with the redo (he has a green star) , mine does not. It is, as if I did not do the enter the hidden entrance shining blade part at all.

It can be confusing if you already played it, since you can skip the part to actually open the entrance, which will cause it to reset. You have to actually sit there and wait for the dialogue to finish, then you'll be able to interact with the entrance to open it and properly enter.

On 8/24/2021 at 5:00 PM, Willdarian.5926 said:

Now it's even worse. Not only does the shining blade bit above (part 2) not work but the last part of the story where board the boat doesn't work either. Just fix it please!

The boat can feel like it doesn't work because you have to wait for like a minute for the dialogue to finish, then you're able to interact with the boat.

34 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

It can be confusing if you already played it, since you can skip the part to actually open the entrance, which will cause it to reset. You have to actually sit there and wait for the dialogue to finish, then you'll be able to interact with the entrance to open it and properly enter.

The boat can feel like it doesn't work because you have to wait for like a minute for the dialogue to finish, then you're able to interact with the boat.

It might expain why it dident work for  OP alone, but why did 1 of them get progress and the other not the first time?

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

It might expain why it dident work for  OP alone, but why did 1 of them get progress and the other not the first time?

This part of the story goes - go inside the mausoleum > wait 30 seconds (dialogue) > investigate to reveal the door > enter the instance. The one who progressed revealed the door and was ready to enter. The other joined while still needing to investigate.

My friend and I both retried this. But this time we used characters that had never done that story episode before and at every point where there was dialog we talked to the required NC one at a time (note the second to do so usually doesn't get the same response) waited a bit after all  dialog had finished to make sure, and only then we progressed to the next part of the episode. This time we both successfully got credit for the Shining Blade part and boat worked correctly. So there is a flagging bug sometimes doing it on a character who has already done the story, which the devs are not fixing. So this should work as a workaround.