WvW Confusion Damage Screwed Up Post PvE Update, Inconsistent Buggy in WVW

Every day pon.5386

so when you look at the battle report and look at what killed you, enduring swing from a ranger that says damage 699, but he insta downs you for 7051 damage that's accurate? The devs have tried their hardest to balance the builds, but my deadeye does not do that much damage, yet secondary weapon on a ranger does almost 3 times what my primary rifle can do, I think we need another review of what the system says compared to the actual damage. The entangle from ranger also holds down for a lot longer than what it says, game has become frustrating to say the least, but these issues should have been addressed a long time ago, and I wont hold my breath with new expac coming out and everyone busy.

2 hours ago, MarkBecks.6453 said:

so when you look at the battle report and look at what killed you, enduring swing from a ranger that says damage 699, but he insta downs you for 7051 damage that's accurate? The devs have tried their hardest to balance the builds, but my deadeye does not do that much damage, yet secondary weapon on a ranger does almost 3 times what my primary rifle can do, I think we need another review of what the system says compared to the actual damage. The entangle from ranger also holds down for a lot longer than what it says, game has become frustrating to say the least, but these issues should have been addressed a long time ago, and I wont hold my breath with new expac coming out and everyone busy.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the confusion in the OP, but yes that's accurate. 

Compared to the tooltip damage, the actual damage normally become 5-10x that due to crit, modifiers, boons and any other buff. The tooltip take *your* stats so anything below the damage build of the enemy just increase the difference. AFAIK that apply to things like condi duration as well.