Another Replay Another Non-Credit Bug

Just done Paladawn, got credit, then did Great Hall and didn't get credit, neither did some others.

And yes, just like all the other such  broken replay event, I got full event credit for killing the boss, just didn't get credit for the Revenge part of this week's meta.

Edited by Kraggy.4169

• Kraggy.4169 changed the title to Another Replay Another Non-Credit Bug

Just ridiculous how every week it seems at least one of these types of event bug out on many people; 5 of my group told me after they didn't get it but that was after half had already gone so no idea how may might have not got it.

Anet, is it REALLY that hard to make this trivial sort of flagging work?

I mean, the bugs in the first week with the replayed instances where credit wasn't given due to the fact that the mission only completed after the instance ended were annoying but not implausible, bit this bug has happened multiple times over the period of these metas and you seem incapable of stopping it happened again and again!

And the fact it can happen more than once to people (that happened to me a couple of weeks ago) simply adds insult to injury.

Edited by Kraggy.4169

4th kill ... 0 / 4

So it's been 24 hours nearly since reports of this broken event were made and still ANet don't deign to even acknowledge it exists!

But then they've been silent on the many different reported bugs they released yesterday.

Edited by Kraggy.4169

So after failing abysmally on my main character on my main account I did this with my main character on my second account .. exactly the same gameplay, exactly the same event rewards .. AND she got 'Revenge' credit.

Absurd .. 1 character is 0/4 and 1 is 1/1 .. how the hell does this kind of idiocy happen?

The only material difference is that the first character has completed all game content when it was current, the second one hasn't even started this episode as I has no desire to play story mission instances more than I have to.

That couldn't be significant, could it?

Hmmm, I assumed it was something to do with the account but your experience interests me, maybe my second account's experience does point to it being somehow related to the character's progression .. which would be beyond bizarre given what's supposed to happen .. but thanks for that information, I'll also try doing it on another character on my first account.

Well it seems you possibly discovered how to workround the problem even if ANet have failed to fix it .. I ran Amala on a second character on the account which was failing with the main character, this one had never even been the zone I used the zone portal to get there and she got credit!

Thanks lordkemmotar for posting your experience, I'd likely never have thought to do that as I find it impossible to think how ANet have broken it for one character while another one works.

I wonder if it's because a character won't get credit for Revenge if they've fought Amala in the story instance (which of curse is an entirely different context for defeating her), which sounds absurd but on this evidence is at least plausible.