Returning after almost 10 years

Hallo there :),

I did quit the game back in the days relativley shortly after it was released, I have a 80 Thief sitting on my old account. I decided I wanna play Necro instead so I used a boost to get it to 80.

Now to get into the game I decided I play the storys and in between try out some of the other game modes and experiment with skills. I did PoF first to get my hands on some mounts and some world exploration to level them to 3.  PoF I I did completly and Hots Iam done with act 2, I hate the HoT maps. I really dont like the vertical design but since I allready finished a1 and a2 there shouldnt be that much left.

I was looking up some gear guides and I wanna mix in some gear grind early on to get my progress on ascended gear rolling, and thats where I have problems understanding how to tackle that. I dont wanna craft it.

Alot of the guides tell me I get it in all mods and while I have found traders in the fractal area that sell rings and stuff I dont really understand how I get that gear from PvP/WVW. Can someone explain this?

I found the trader in the Strike mission that sells armor (if i remember corectly), those seem not viable for me now since I need masteries to open up those boxes at the end of the run, I guess? 

I did some and only got like 16 of those shards? Seems low.

Also I have no profession yet, any tipps what to choose?

Is this Forum a good place to start looking for guilds?

Any tipps?

Edited by wusekwurz.9712

For PvE guilds you should attend world boss events or roam in starting areas, PvP guilds obviously recruit in HotM.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grandmaster_Mark

Play necro like me, much later into the game you shall understand why.

Here is the build I use, copy it into buffer and paste by rclicking a build tab.

[&DQgTHTIbAjsoDygPQAFAAfoA+gB2AXYBlQCVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

It focuses on personal survival and reviving others, all you need for most of the content. For gear I run Berserker weapons and trinkets, and Marauder armor to prevent some oneshots.

Edited by paShadoWn.5723
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, paShadoWn.5723 said:

For PvE guilds you should attend world boss events or roam in starting areas, PvP guilds obviously recruit in HotM.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grandmaster_Mark

Play necro like me, much later into the game you shall understand why.

Here is the build I use, copy it into buffer and paste by rclicking a build tab.

[&DQgTHTIbAjsoDygPQAFAAfoA+gB2AXYBlQCVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

It focuses on personal survival and reviving others, all you need for most of the content. For gear I run Berserker weapons and trinkets, and Marauder armor to prevent some oneshots.

Thank u for your advice :)

11 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Another tip, better don't delete your old char(s), because the account- and char-birthday-presents are bound to the age of your chars.

I didnt delete my on character, I have 5 Spots anyway and only 2 are set right now. I still have another 80 Boost ready 🙂

Having kinda hard time to find the proper traders.

Edited by wusekwurz.9712

2 hours ago, wusekwurz.9712 said:

I didnt delete my on character, I have 5 Spots anyway and only 2 are set right now. I still have another 80 Boost ready 🙂

Having kinda hard time to find the proper traders.

Good, I just mentioned it, because often enough I've read that returning players deleted their old chars for a fresh start.

Which is even worse now, because the support doesn't restore deleted chars anymore.

Which trades are you looking for?

47 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Good, I just mentioned it, because often enough I've read that returning players deleted their old chars for a fresh start.

Which is even worse now, because the support doesn't restore deleted chars anymore.

Which trades are you looking for?

Iam generally looking for those to trade in currency for ascended armor.

Any tipps on professions?

1 hour ago, wusekwurz.9712 said:

Iam generally looking for those to trade in currency for ascended armor.

Any tipps on professions?

As there are many different vendors, I will just add the link to the wiki-page:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_armor

If you are looking for information, the wiki is a good place to find them, you can also access it via ingame chat.

Chat-commad: /wiki .... (add what you are looking for her, e.g.: /wiki ascender armor)

Also you can find a lot of guide how you can aquire ascended gear e.g.:

https://guildjen.com/2020/08/20/ascended-gear-the-complete-guide/

For the second question, it depends on your preffered playstyle and for some endgame content (raids, highlevel fractals, PvP, WvW) also on the role you want to play.

As you have some free char-slots I recommend to creat different chars and move them to the PvP-lobby after the tutorial (crossed-swords-symbold at the top), there you can try the different classes including the elite specs already with level 2. So you can try the different skills, elite-specs, see how the classes behave, their movement, the animations etc.

PvP uses a different form of balancing and different gear (stats are defined by one amulet and one rune), so damage-numbers, some cooldowns and some skills may be different, but I think it gives an good overview without the need to level all the classes.

• Thanks 1