The Human Gods ranked [spoilers]

NorthernRedStar.3054

On 9/9/2021 at 8:49 AM, adormtil.1605 said:

Yeah but it is not as good of a feat of fighting 3 vs 1. By the way does having a god weapon gives a power boost? I remember that we beat Rythlock and his fellow tribune while Rythlock held the god sword.  

As Draxynnic said, all three were gunning for Balthazar, and one of those three was a fully powered Elder Dragon, so that's nothing to sneeze at. At that moment, Balthazar had been empowered by the majority of magic from two Elder Dragons and one Bloodstone, so he was by far not weak.

If it weren't for Aurene's protective magic, Kralkatorrik's actions, and using Sohothin, then the Commander would not have won in the fight against Balthazar.

12 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

What I meant by [8 players / heroes / henchmen + Kormir] was precisely this: the party size restrictions aren't necessarily an accurate gauge for a boss in terms of ability and power - plus, we have no idea how Guild Wars 2 characters compare to their "ancestors". For all we know, they could even be a bit weaker - or stronger, who knows.

I actually didn't recall only 3 chains being broken, good catch on that. 

Generally, there's more magic available, so GW2 heroes should be stronger than GW1 heroes.

As for the 3 chains - not chains, seals. Different from the chains that Balthazar formed, these are referring to the eight outposts (Gate of Torment, Gate of Madness, etc.), three of which were unlocked by Varesh's three ritualists - one ritual, one gate / seal that locked away Abaddon's power and influence on the mortal realm of Thyria.

We have to remember: 1) Abaddon was the one who haphazardly gifted mortals with magic, and 2) he was formerly called the god of knowledge and water. Not secrets, knowledge. Which ties in with the previous point regarding his battle prowess.

While your point is correct, I'd point out that while he did have the title of Secret-Keeper, he was generally referred to as the God of Wisdom and the Depths - which reflects his take on the domains of knowledge and water - before his descent into evil.

Agreed on imprisoned Abaddon being stronger than Dhuum or Balthazar (by the time of Guild Wars 2). The latter was effectively (and I believe it was even stated somewhere?) a demi-god at the time, and Dhuum relied heavily on Abaddon in his plans to free himself - I don't think their armies converged at Realm of Torment for strategical reasons, alone. It's also because Abaddon - and, by extent, his realm - are easily at their most potent (versus Fissure of Woe and Underworld controlled by Dhuum's forces) at the time. 

Hard to say Abaddon was straight up stronger, per se. Without the seals on him then yes, 100% Fallen God Abaddon would be stronger than Former Gods Dhuum and Balthazar, as at the point of GW2 (or GW1 as well for Dhuum), those two had zero divine power and were empowered by other sources (consumed souls and Bloodstone/Elder Dragon magic respectively); Abaddon was using his own power of divine magic the entire time.

However, with five of the seals on him, Abaddon was drastically weaker than his proper potential, and it's hard to compare his strength with those five seals compared to the fallen gods states of Dhuum (either game) and Balthazar (GW2).

2 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Yet Balthazar was also defeated by a mortal and a baby dragon...

While I disagree with Lan Deathrider's statement you quoted, when Balthazar was "also defeated by a mortal and a baby dragon" (who was wielding a powerful divine weapon and there was also an Elder Dragon assaulting the area at a distance), Balthazar was no longer a god, while he was a god when the other five gods imprisoned him and removed his divine powers.

Not a proper comparison.

9 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

While I disagree with Lan Deathrider's statement you quoted, when Balthazar was "also defeated by a mortal and a baby dragon" (who was wielding a powerful divine weapon and there was also an Elder Dragon assaulting the area at a distance), Balthazar was no longer a god, while he was a god when the other five gods imprisoned him and removed his divine powers.

That comment's kinda funny in general.  Ah, yes. The commander (player character) utilizing Sohothin, Balthazar's own sword - arguably to its full potential, none the less (as far as mortal wield goes, anyways). No big deal.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054