Dirt simple QOL suggestion for Vindicator - Split the F2 skill into two separate skills

Master Ketsu.4569

Vindicator looks decent overall, and the dual legend works in a way that is unique enough to give Revs a new playstyle. 

However, there is one huge glaring flaw with the class - and that is the F2 skill produces two very different effects that can easily conflict with each other.

For instance, say you are playing defensively and  you need endurance but you want your skills to also be in the defensive stance. Using F2 in this situation conflicts your desire to be defensive, because you get the endurance but lose the skills you want. On the flip side, say you are playing offensively and want offensive skills back - using energy to also gain endurance is going to be a DPS loss.  Either way, you are a ton of situations where you are wasting energy on an unwanted conflicting effect. 

Another problem is the F2 Skill pigeonholes you into being forced to only play the new legend with this spec. What makes Renegade interesting is you don't HAVE to play Kalla. You technically don't have to play glint either on Herald. But with the way this F2 skill works it really only interacts with the new legend. And even if you are playing a core legend with the Vindicator legend, you get little benefit from F2 in other stances.

The solution to this problem is straightforward: Just split it into two skills:

F2 - 15 Energy cost, just refills endurance.

F3 -  10 energy cost. Swaps skills in Vind legend. This skill can be played around with by the skills team to do different effects while in another legend.

Both problems are resolved. More build diversity since the profession mechanic skills no longer only benefit one legend. No more conflicting effects since you can choose one without the other. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

However, there is one huge glaring flaw with the class - and that is the F2 skill produces two very different effects that can easily conflict with each other.

For instance, say you are playing defensively and  you need endurance but you want your skills to also be in the defensive stance. Using F2 in this situation conflicts your desire to be defensive, because you get the endurance but lose the skills you want. On the flip side, say you are playing offensively and want offensive skills back - using energy to also gain endurance is going to be a DPS loss.  Either way, you are a ton of situations where you are wasting energy on an unwanted conflicting effect. 

I wouldn't call this a flaw, this is opportunity cost.

• Like 1

My idea is to Make F2 to swich betwean kuzic/luxon legend . Add F3 / inst use 10 energy / 5sec u can use doddge with out endurence / cd 20 sec / Other legends > 3 sec / skill and utilitys cost 0 energy. (numbers can be balance but i think 3 sec is perfect as some skill have cd+time cost with will not make it broken but give abilty to use more skills with out swiching legend)

Many ways to adjust Alliance, and people have been providing some good ideas.

I do not agree with f2 (or f3) doing a mere swap, F1 does that already (so you'd have effectively 3 legends with 2 swap buttons). However I do agree that Endurance generation should be separated from loadout management, as you're suggesting. F3 is a step in the right direction, and should be simple enough that I don't have to look at the UI (the current "inversion" on F2 is bad).

F3 can be a loadout reset to Saint Viktor or Archemorus depending on traits. And can give other effects when attuned to another legend (such as damage reduction on Dwarf)

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 1