developers said they will focus on Alliances. Does this mean no new WvW Content?

Knighthonor.4061

1 hour ago, Bruticus Fatalfury.3486 said:

with the release of EoD, the introduction of the turtle, and all the cut scenes involving water I was hoping for a water based bl

Siege tortoise won't be in WvW on release...they haven't ruled out adding it in at a later time, though.

I feel like I'd avoid a water based map if people tend to gravitate toward underwater combat hehe....I have a hard enough time fighting on land. I guess I could pew pew from a skiff though!

Alliances IS new gameplay content for WvW. The game mode is driven by the players, Anet only needs to provide adequate rewards and a good matchmaking.

Alliances should take care of the matchmaking,

Anthing else like new maps ot pve events is not asked for, personally i would set all the maps as EBG so the queues are distributed as evenly as possible because diferent maps makes some of them to feel better than others (Most dont like the red map for example).

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

EBG is a very different style of play in comparison to the borderland maps.

i would not go as far as to say 'very different',  Alpine BL is very similar to ebg with small differences mostly based in pve content (ruins) which only daily farmers do and some annoying enviromental like the lake in bay.

Most dont want to play in the dessert one thou, too much pve and walking simulation. Players may pick EotM or even OS over the red map.