All in all thread. Questions?

Lovele.1597

Hey guys.

Fresh lvl 80 here. I have the base game (not free to play player, just the base game).

I have 100% map completion, and that took me around 100 hours even tho I used taco. 

Being a casual player, I want to ask you if it is worth to buy PoF+HoT bundle?

I want to say that I am not really interested in questing in MMORPG, I am more interested in instanced PvE content.

What content do I get that a new player will be able to do without much experience if he buys PoF+HoT except WvW, PvP, Fractals, Dungeons, World Bosses. This are all available now on my base game.

Another question is how much will it take me to finish HoT+PoF maps 100% and the story. I am not interested in achievements, but because I am a strange person I want to finish the story+map completion asap, so then I can do content freely. Some ppl said it will take me another 100 hours+ which are a bit scary to think of.

<<<<< >>>>>

Another non-related question to the above are ranger pets. I unlocked all the pets, but I have no idea which 1 to use.

I understand the hawk is god for Conquest PvP. I also use the bear when i solo champions, and boy that thing can tank it no problem.

For fractal bosses I have been also using the hawk, not sure if there is any better option for single-target PvE damage? Also for monsters while clearing a dungeon is there any good aoe pet?

Thank you all for the upcoming replies.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Lovele.1597 said:

What content do I get that a new player will be able to do without much experience if he buys PoF+HoT except WvW, PvP, Fractals, Dungeons, World Bosses.

1. Masteries (including but not restricted to gliding and mounts): new and expanded abilities for your whole account
  2. Elite specializations: new traitlines, skills, available weapon types, and/or profession mechanics for each class. Some of these are equivalent to what other games release as new classes, but with the flexibility to switch between different elite specs on one character
  3. Stat sets with 4-stat combinations. The most widely-used is vipers as the go-to stat combination for most condition builds
  4. Raids and Strike Missions: 10-man instanced content
  5. Intricate maps and complex meta events. While the basegame has maps and metas/world bosses, too, most of these pale in comparison to the expansion content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lovele.1597 said:

Hey guys.

Being a casual player, I want to ask you if it is worth to buy PoF+HoT bundle?

What content do I get that a new player will be able to do without much experience 

Another question is how much will it take me to finish HoT+PoF maps 100% and the story. 

<<<<< >>>>>

Another non-related question to the above are ranger pets. I unlocked all the pets, but I have no idea which 1 to use.

I would say it is for sure worth it. 

Rasimir above mentioned all I think. Without much exp you can do meta events and/or follow train events (like bauble farm in HoT maps) on big squads that will help you get gold much faster. And if its your "lucky day" you can even get -as drop- expensive infusions that you can use for your gw2 fashion wars or sell em. 

I ve finished story in PoF but not in HoT so I dont know how long it can take. All I can say is that PoF story is needed to get mounts so this one is kinda a "must". Otherwise you can unlock the waypoints on each map -and so the content on them- by accessing the nearest maps through the portals on the borders between them. There are also Hero Points trains on these areas (you can find more trains during Friday and weekends) during afternoon server hours. Those Hp trains take you from the 1st waypoint of the 1st map to the last one of the furthest map. Like this you will do all the Hp's and will unlock all (or most of) the waypoints of each region. I would say in general that map completion in those regions is needed for getting gifts to craft legendary items and for achievements so if you are not interested then you not need to complete them. Getting all the waypoints will be enough. 

Regarding the pets if you will google "gw2 ranger pets" the 1st result should be a wiki page that gives some general information.

You can also see all the pets, their stats and their skills in "gw2skills" website (its a build editor where you can create your own builds). 

• Thanks 1