How do I reproduce this "bug"?!

Zergs.9715

It does look cool, but also confirms my suspicion that a lot of indie and indie style games with 'retro' graphics are effectively just skipping some stages in the process. Which is fine when it looks good and works, but sometimes it just looks like an unfinished game and makes me suspect the rest of their work is up to the same standard.

The OP commented on how it happened further down the thread:

Update: There was something wrong with the nvidia settings that somehow only applied to DX11 😛 If you wanna achieve similar results set the Transparency Supersampling to AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL and the LOD Bias (DX) to a super high value, like +120

I don't have an Nvidia card so I can't try that and have no idea if it works.

I also suspect at some point this will be fixed and stop happening. But maybe Anet could find a way to deliberately enable it as an option for those who like it? (I have no idea what would be involved in doing that, it might be impossible without risking crashes or other problems, but it would be cool if they can do it.)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It does look cool, but also confirms my suspicion that a lot of indie and indie style games with 'retro' graphics are effectively just skipping some stages in the process. Which is fine when it looks good and works, but sometimes it just looks like an unfinished game and makes me suspect the rest of their work is up to the same standard.

The OP commented on how it happened further down the thread:

I don't have an Nvidia card so I can't try that and have no idea if it works.

I also suspect at some point this will be fixed and stop happening. But maybe Anet could find a way to deliberately enable it as an option for those who like it? (I have no idea what would be involved in doing that, it might be impossible without risking crashes or other problems, but it would be cool if they can do it.)

That would be really beneficial in areas with extreme skill spam and huge numbers of ppl like wvw and world bosses. Graphics look simple but at least it seems it would be much easier on the eyes in such situations. I'm not one of players who care for details and super graphics. Framerate is the king and it can look as bunch of squares as far as I care.

I have Nvidia on my pc. Will test it out once I get back from work.