Graphics enhancements: DLSS, Fidelity FSR and Resizable BAR

Jarn.5930

To the Developers,

Congratulations on the upgrade to DirectX 11!

Please do not stop with the performance enhancements, there are two more that your software needs to be "state of the art". 

1a) AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
It works with both DirectX 11, 12 and Vulkan APIs.
The details about this can be found here:
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-fidelityfx-super-resolution

1b) Also the same technology from Nvidea:
NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) is groundbreaking AI rendering technology that increases graphics performance using dedicated Tensor Core AI processors on GeForce RTX™ GPUs. DLSS taps into the power of a deep learning neural network to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images for your games.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/

2) Finally, a big request is to implement Resizable Bar technology.
Resizable BAR utilizes an advanced feature of PCI Express to increase performance in certain games. Resizable Bar is used by both Nvidia and AMD.

Thank you...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The game is CPU bound 90% of the time. Midrange GPUs can comfortably run it at 4K / 60 fps as long as the CPU can provide the necessary data (which it can not when masses of players are on screen).

For that reason including features that take load from the GPU (DLSS, FSR) are a waste of time.

The game needs the opposite of what you ask for: an oversampling slider to at least 200% per axis (4 times the native resolution) with a bilinear downsampling algorithm (that excludes the UI as this would become slightly unsharp) to provide an acceptable anti-aliasing option.

Re-Size bar is not a feature that a game developer includes in a game. It works on the UEFI and driver level on its own. For example my PC supports it and it works in GW2 as it works in any other game I install. 

• 11 months later...
On 10/6/2021 at 12:27 AM, KrHome.1920 said:

The game is CPU bound 90% of the time. Midrange GPUs can comfortably run it at 4K / 60 fps as long as the CPU can provide the necessary data (which it can not when masses of players are on screen).

For that reason including features that take load from the GPU (DLSS, FSR) are a waste of time.

The game needs the opposite of what you ask for: an oversampling slider to at least 200% per axis (4 times the native resolution) with a bilinear downsampling algorithm (that excludes the UI as this would become slightly unsharp) to provide an acceptable anti-aliasing option.

Re-Size bar is not a feature that a game developer includes in a game. It works on the UEFI and driver level on its own. For example my PC supports it and it works in GW2 as it works in any other game I install. 

Not quite...I actually had to turn Rebar off, as my game crashed too often. Also, game specifically have to make use of it, thats why benchmarks vary wildly, from 20%+ improvement to actually running worse