Demon Of A Drifter 'Achievement'

KROW.2673

What did it for me was keeping the camera close and Settings -> General Options -> Mounts (very bottom) -> Checkbox for "Disable Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input".

That setting was key because drifting didn't behave as responsive. Had to rebind my mount keybinds and relearn over the old muscle memory and in a few attempts it was done.

Best of luck!

On 10/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, ASP.8093 said:

I got it after about an hour. (Non-rented beetle.)

You don't need to be perfect or max out your speed (afaik a "perfect" clear time is closer to 0:45), you just need to zoom-zoom through the long straightaways and avoid wiping out.

What ultimately did it for me was actually learning how to slow the beetle during the zig-zag part in the south-western field (see map) by rubbing up against the little trees and tombstones.

That's exactly what I am doing at that long part where you drift around the haystacks, activating the roller beetle boost against the crypt (it's on the right side after the left turn) and after a second or 2 I let it go.

Did you figure that out yourself or you got hint from someone in raceway ? I remember showing it to some player there. It's pretty reliable, you can still fail if you do other parts wrong but that long part is a lot easier and most importantly consistent which is useful if you do the gold daily. You can do it reliably with the rental.

2 hours ago, cgMatt.5162 said:

What did it for me was keeping the camera close and Settings -> General Options -> Mounts (very bottom) -> Checkbox for "Disable Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input".

That setting was key because drifting didn't behave as responsive. Had to rebind my mount keybinds and relearn over the old muscle memory and in a few attempts it was done.

Best of luck!

For me it felt like I control beetle mostly with left hand (wasd + v + c for drift) so I added side mouse button for drift (cause you hold right mouse button anyway). That way it's easier to hold w and d for example when drifting (making turn to the right) if you don't have to hold c for drift as well.

Edited by Templar.7268
  • Like 1