Question for healbrands.

aetemes.2603

So I have been healing for a long time using druid/tempest/scourge for some reason I postponed trying hb (I think cause I hated the guardian character model I made) anyways I made one and umm...

I am struggling a bit in burst heal situations (esp in squads) is that normal? Is it the least healing numbers out of them or am I playing it wrong...I feel with the three I mentioned I know exactly what to do to top people off...but with guard it all feels like heals over time all over the place that are...meh?...staff 4 is the burstiest and ofc f2 but it's long long cds lol. I have not tested mace yet is mace a big deal healing wise losing fury feels too painful.

Obviously aegis/quickness/stab spam is quite the experience to be able to spam that stuff so things def die super faster and feels cool.

Like is it the weakest to "solo heal" with I wanna make sure it's not just me? I ask cause I mainly pug and sometimes the other healer is not...doing it but I know what to do to amp heals with the other 3 but with guard I feel locked I cant burst as often is that normal what is your opinion what do you do if you need to be healzor on hb? Thanks.

Edited by aetemes.2603

Playing druid, hscg and Hfb myself and I'm a big fan of healtempest for raids, so here's my two cents.

First it would be helpfull if you'd mention the game modes you're struggling. Since you mention squads, I assume you're talking about raids.

Be aware that pretty much everything you do (with the exception of SyG) will only affect 5 players, so usually only your subsquad unless your squad is very scattered. Raw healing ain't the strongest feature of the Hfb aswell, as you already figured out, staff 2 and F2 are your burst heals (and if equipped spirit bow), the later with a very long CD. Thus I always feel like having to play a bit more pro-active than with the other heal classes since a well timed aegis leads to not needing to heal at all.

Conclusion: try to focus more on dmg mitigation and boon support and consider healing more as a backup tool when mistakes happen. 

@ Nash

Yes I see I think I am super underestimating the only 5 players effect and took for granted the other 3 have a lot of 10 player effects. I agree aegis mechanic is super good in fights where you know where are the big hits are but I was spoiled with the other three that I can heal through "mistakes" (well to a limit of course)...just have to maybe accept full green bars is not the goal here xD. 

I will take your advice and be careful when is it ok to "blindly" pug "heal" with it. 

For massive burst heal you can go into Resolve, press 5 for the 33% healing mod, double tap Bow of Truth, Tome 4 and then Spam 1, that gives you about 10000 Health per second healing for ~5 seconds, aka 50.000*5 Health (on top of Symbols, Dodges, Aegis, Resolve share etc. heals with Traits). 

Even with 5 player target caps, that should full heal just about anything (and is generally way overkill/wasteful). 

You generally shouldn't need that much burst heal though and healing over time to keep people consistently topped off (esp. for power comps with Scholars) is superior to dip and burst - but FB has those options more than enough for when you do need it (like after a VG green). 

Generally you want to have always at least one of Bows, Resolve or Staff 2+4 off CD in case something goes wrong, that way you always have sufficient burst heal to cycle to, while Symbols+Dodges+Resolve share+Empower+Aegis Heal Proc keeps everyone generally topped off. 

Most importantly though, time Aegis to avoid damage in the first place.

Edited by Asum.4960

For a healer job, Firebrand HB best responds to that call.
In "oh kitten" situation, you use Firebrand F2=4/1/1/1/1.
In normal situation, just use Staff 2 or Staff 4 occasionally for the Might boon. 

Here's to the situational part from the expert. They knew when is the upcoming big hit from boss and cast skills that provide Aegis to completely block that. Firebrand Mantra Solace itself provides 3 nos. of Aegis, Shout-Charge provides 2 nos.  , and if you want it, a Shield 4 provide another Aegis. In total, you have 6  to 7 Aegis in your disposal.

Healing numbers might not be as much as a Druid, but Aegis works like wonder that makes you feel like cheating.

Edited by yLoon.5289

I have experimented further and I am getting a much better feel for it knowing the fight and which cds to save for what is I think more crucial on it than the other three and as you guys said you end up not taking damage at all which feels very gewd :]..I am trolling a bit for now and using Valor instead of Radiance/Virtues and using mace that way I can fury through my heal/smite on my utility xD also communal defense feels good..I think?

I love mace yo! That way I can make sure regen and prot are rolling and my auto attacks dont feel so useless and the 3 is pretty good. Also took the tip about f2 5 bow combo and spreading out my healing area cds thank you!

This made me feel much less reliant on the other healer. I def feel fb feels...dirty like..it's really good is scary.

20 hours ago, aetemes.2603 said:

I have experimented further and I am getting a much better feel for it knowing the fight and which cds to save for what is I think more crucial on it than the other three and as you guys said you end up not taking damage at all which feels very gewd :]..I am trolling a bit for now and using Valor instead of Radiance/Virtues and using mace that way I can fury through my heal/smite on my utility xD also communal defense feels good..I think?

I love mace yo! That way I can make sure regen and prot are rolling and my auto attacks dont feel so useless and the 3 is pretty good. Also took the tip about f2 5 bow combo and spreading out my healing area cds thank you!

This made me feel much less reliant on the other healer. I def feel fb feels...dirty like..it's really good is scary.

Valor is actually underrated. I feel it is even superior to virtues when you have to 100% wheelchair through and spike heal very bad pugs. Traited MI is so good and also, as you said, you can swap axe to mace and still upkeep fury.