focus virtuoso

Entropo.1524

It's been a while since the beta but, as I recall, any phantasm fires off a blade on completion if the Virtuoso has "Phantasmal Blades" traited.

Also, it's not so much that weapons get the "blade" tag - it's skills, of which some are weapon skills.  The phantasm is already partly covered by "Phantasmal Blades".  I can see why several of the phantasms (greatsword, focus, sword) could be seen as holding a phantasmal blade of a kind (in the focus' case  an axe blade), but I'm not sure if Anet would want to "double-dip" on blades with phantasms.

The other focus skill that could potentially get that tag would be "Temporal Curtain/Into the Void" (focus 4).  Doesn't strike me personally as having a very "bladey" feel.

I already find focus pretty useful (though mostly for "Into the Void"), and I can see it synergising to a degree with a power virtuoso setup.  One would CC one's opponent so that bladesongs or other skills (like the elite) can land

The wiki summarises the skills which classify as "blades", but seems to have omitted the greatsword 2 and 3 skills  (Mirror Blade and Mind Stab) - if memory serves they also had a "blade" skill fact?  Having greatsword have a few "blade" tags may open up a few more options.

imo i think adding the blade tooltip to non-virtuoso skills was a silly idea, it just makes a mess of what is or isnt a blade skill, or what should or shouldnt be. it wouldve been simpler to keep it to dagger skills, bladesongs and psionics, to incentivise using virtuoso as a virtuoso, rather than core+

or, the blade tooltip could just be removed entirely and the blade traits could then affect everything (which would probably be ok, honestly) because the espec is still a serious mess