Custom name weapons and armor.

blambidy.3216

@KTap.4381 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@KTap.4381 said:I don't see the problem, as long as when it's linked or whatever we cannot see the custom name (can you imagine all the stupid/inappropriate things people would come up with?).

I like that idea as a way to avoid abuse. My only concern is people then announcing on mapchat what the weapon is called. :S Otherwise, I all for this idea.

I actually had a dream years ago that I was playing an asura warrior (and I have no such character), and they were carrying a hammer. I was allowed to rename that hammer in the dream. :)

What did you name it? :p

Sadly, I don't remember. :/

Funny to see such a thread pop up, after I've suggested this earlier before in that legendary mastery thread from someone else before xD just saying ...Howev,er I've posted the idea of this also basically a few tiems in the old forums, which soon get deleted with all of its content, so i think its just a question of time, when sooner or later this idea would get reposted by someone else.

Personally I'm abslutely in favor for this feature, otherwise I naturally wouldn't have re-suggested it again in that Legendary Mastery Thread as part of the legendary mastery concept I proposed there based on a Legendary Crafting Mastery that lets you create all kinds of unique things, from dyeable and renable weapons and armor to Skill Skins, Mount Skins as also Aura Dyes & Effect Changes and a unique craftable Card Collection Minigame.

Naming Rules for Characters should simply also be applied as Namign Rules for Weapons/Armor/Pets and the issues are done. add to Reporting just the side note, that you can report players now also not only for bad character/pet names, but also for bad equipment names, and people will be very cautious when and where they will show others, how their weapons were named by them... especially, if that name change is permanent and when a name changed item could not be destroyed or reforged anymore, only thrown away and practically deleted by typing in the renamed name into the type boy that pops up then to confirm the deletion, to make sure, that violations agaisnt the namign rukes will be simply reconstructable for Anet, if it has to be investigated, what someone did name a weapon and deleted it in hope, this will spare them from beign punished, when in fact Anet can clearly reconstruct ,what has been deleted from our account by us, so see the name of the item and if it eventually violated the naming rules, and if yes, how exactly.

So I see absolutely no reason, unless a technical one that is out of my comprehension, why it shouldnt be possible for Anet to add Equipment naming, basicalyl the same way like they have given us Pet Naming.

Basically go into equipment, mark the item you want to rename, right click it, window pops up, choose Rename Item, window pops up, where you can type in the name name, confirm the new name, Finish

Its basically the same with pets. Just quicker with less processes. Click Button assigned to pet Menu, Chose pet you want to rename, type in new name, confirm, finish (and hope, that the game saved it for you and you don't have to redo this again if you pet swap xD stupid bug ^^)

I'm okay with this features of naming your equipments, but only for weapons. It's just useless for armor, an ascalonian chestplate is just an ascalonian chestplate o_owhereas weapons can be name since rytlock and trahearne name their greatswords. Or if armors should be part of the process, you can only name your armor look considering all yours mix and match armors pieces as a set. But again pretty useless, because what is the goal of this? Only you can see her name whereas for pets, it's over their heads! Also can work if it trigger an event: XXX have been killed by YYY using (nameofyourweapon) or your (nameofyourarmorpiece) broke up!

Archived