help needed

gashen.3874

i am trying to DISCOVER the recipe for clove-spiced pear and cured meat flatbread, i need to know what 4 items to put into the discovery panel to make the recipe NOT the 4 items to make the flatbread.

i can,t just keep putting in random food items hoping to stumble across it .

i know the items to make the actual flatbread but you need the recipe in order to do it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't get in game to check but according to the Wiki you do not need a recipe for this, which means you just put the 4 items required to make it into the discovery panel and you will make one, which also unlocks the recipe in the crafting menu so you can make it that way instead of through the discover menu (so you don't have to remember the ingredients each time and can make multiples at once).

In other words it's just like all those recipes you unlocked while levelling chef.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, gashen.3874 said:

i am trying to DISCOVER the recipe for clove-spiced pear and cured meat flatbread, i need to know what 4 items to put into the discovery panel to make the recipe NOT the 4 items to make the flatbread.

i can,t just keep putting in random food items hoping to stumble across it .

i know the items to make the actual flatbread but you need the recipe in order to do it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

wiki is your friend: Clove-Spiced Pear and Cured Meat Flatbread - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

In fact, wiki contains almost all information you might need to be able to progress in the game. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While most crafting disciplines are fairly formulaic making the discovery process easy to guess, cooking can best be described as "pure chaotic nightmare" when using the discovery system without outside help.

The best way to do it is to use the Wiki (I recommend extracting a list into a Google Sheet so you can check them off as you discover them). 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

While most crafting disciplines are fairly formulaic making the discovery process easy to guess, cooking can best be described as "pure chaotic nightmare" when using the discovery system without outside help.

The best way to do it is to use the Wiki (I recommend extracting a list into a Google Sheet so you can check them off as you discover them). 

A lot of it actually mimics real-life cooking, but very simplified because each step can only include 4 ingredients. I often found I was able to guess the kind of things which might go together and what they'd make by thinking about how I'd use that ingredient in real life. Although then the crafting levels can be frustrating; it's actually much harder to make your own pizza base and sauce than to add additional toppings to one that's already made, but in-game you can make a cheese pizza at level 25 and have to wait until level 125 to add toppings. (I suppose the logic, if there is any, is that you need the experience to know which toppings would go together, but I suspect it's primarily driven by game mechanics ideas about recipe progression.)

Alternatively you can just keep making things and trying combinations in the discovery tab until it lets you combine them, but that can take longer and risks wasting materials if you make multiples of something without many uses.

• Like 2