Make the glow/particle effect on the WvW Mistforged Armor Dyable

Wave.7035

PvP Mistforged Gear is fully dyable. You can dye the glow including the tentacles on the back. WvW armor deserves to have the same option. It would dramatically improve the look of the armor and make it more desirable. Maybe make it a QoL update with the other WvW updates + Expac

• Like 4

It would be an interesting look if the soft glow throughout the surface of the armor were dyable. 

If you also mean giving the tentacles their own dye channel, I've been asking for that for years (I just expect it will never be looked at). At least on the Medium chest piece it's way too bright and you have to use the darkest colors to make the effect look normal, but then it kills the soft glow effect on that part of the armor because it shares a dye channel.

I agree, Spvp gear, especially their tentacle effect, is done properly and looks legit. Ours have huge hip bags and the effects are janky, plus some pieces like the shoulders would look good but have bulky attachments on top of them.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

It's a highly requested feature and suggested as a way to differentiate legendary tier with mistforged skin unlocked over normal mistforged.

In the meantime they could still add a dye channel or two to almost all mistforged triumphant armor skins with 3 dye channels. There are some pieces that are problematic since they already have 4 dye channels.

Light helm = 3 dye channels
Light shoulders = 2 dye channels
Light chest = 3 dye channels
Light gloves = 2 dye channels
Light legpiece = 3 dye channels
Light footwear = one  dye channel

Medium helm = 2 dye channels
Medium shoulders = 4 dye channels <--- this could be looked at but omitted in the time being
Medium chest = 4 dye channels <--- this could be looked at , the 4th channel is likely the tendril thing so the slumbering version could still have 4 channels and not need major changes
Medium hands = 3 dye channels
Medium legpiece = 3 dye channels
Medium footwear = 3 dye channels

Heavy helm = 2 dye channels
Heavy shoulders = 2 dye channels
Heavy chest = 4 dye channels <--- this could be looked at , the 4th channel is likely the tendril thing so the slumbering version could still have 4 channels and not need major changes
Heavy gloves = 3 dye channels
Heavy legpiece = 4 dye channels <--- this could be looked at
Heavy footwear = 4 dye channels <--- this could be looked at

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, kash.9213 said:

It would be an interesting look if the soft glow throughout the surface of the armor were dyable. 

If you also mean giving the tentacles their own dye channel, I've been asking for that for years (I just expect it will never be looked at). At least on the Medium chest piece it's way too bright and you have to use the darkest colors to make the effect look normal, but then it kills the soft glow effect on that part of the armor because it shares a dye channel.

I agree, Spvp gear, especially their tentacle effect, is done properly and looks legit. Ours have huge hip bags and the effects are janky, plus some pieces like the shoulders would look good but have bulky attachments on top of them.

Thats the thing though. They dont even need to really make the glow itself dyable. They could just make it so its affected by the area that is dyable underneath of it. You can dye the areas that have that soft glow so if you were to dye it say gold that would make the glow slightly orange or yellow but different enough in brightness/tone to be noticeable still. I really don't even mind if we cant pick the exact color of that glow as long as I can make it fit the color scheme of the character I want to wear the mistforged armor on. An example would be my Human Female Warrior. Her Color Scheme is dark silvery metal with gold metal accents, dark red for fabric/leather, and any glowy effects are a intense fiery orange. If it was mistforged triumphant heroes and not just Triumphant Heroes. I just want the soft glow of the armor to not be silvery blue and to instead be orange/yellow because that silvery blue clashes with my warriors whole aesthetic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kristen.6475 said:

Thats the thing though. They dont even need to really make the glow itself dyable. They could just make it so its affected by the area that is dyable underneath of it. You can dye the areas that have that soft glow so if you were to dye it say gold that would make the glow slightly orange or yellow but different enough in brightness/tone to be noticeable still. I really don't even mind if we cant pick the exact color of that glow as long as I can make it fit the color scheme of the character I want to wear the mistforged armor on. An example would be my Human Female Warrior. Her Color Scheme is dark silvery metal with gold metal accents, dark red for fabric/leather, and any glowy effects are a intense fiery orange. If it was mistforged triumphant heroes and not just Triumphant Heroes. I just want the soft glow of the armor to not be silvery blue and to instead be orange/yellow because that silvery blue clashes with my warriors whole aesthetic.

I run into that same problem and along with the over brightness of the tendril dye slot, it makes it impossible to not look janky if I want to put together a color scheme other than blue or black. It's a shame because with the obsidian weapons you can change colors for your matchup but it just looks like trash currently.