Vindicator open world? (might generation)

Temper.2190

With the beta coming next week, I'm looking at trying out Vindicator in the open world again.  During the first beta, overall I liked the greatsword reasonably well, and found the alliance stance to be reasonably useful, but in comparison to Herald and Renegade, I just couldn't find a consistent solo might generation engine, which made my damage overall much less than standard herald or renegade builds (power or condi), which have easy might generation baked into their skills and traits.  

My current plan is to look at sigils of battle (might on weapon swap or legend swap) to augment the might generation from amnesty of Shing Jea (might on offensive alliance skills), but I'm not sure that will be enough.  I also didn't try runes of strength last time, so maybe the extra might duration from those will help.  And then do the usual power traits in Devastation (with lots of battle scars, which play nice with the vuln from greatsword) and Invocation. 

Does anyone have a good build they tried last beta for solo play?   

14 hours ago, Temper.2190 said:

With the beta coming next week, I'm looking at trying out Vindicator in the open world again.  During the first beta, overall I liked the greatsword reasonably well, and found the alliance stance to be reasonably useful, but in comparison to Herald and Renegade, I just couldn't find a consistent solo might generation engine, which made my damage overall much less than standard herald or renegade builds (power or condi), which have easy might generation baked into their skills and traits.  

My current plan is to look at sigils of battle (might on weapon swap or legend swap) to augment the might generation from amnesty of Shing Jea (might on offensive alliance skills), but I'm not sure that will be enough.  I also didn't try runes of strength last time, so maybe the extra might duration from those will help.  And then do the usual power traits in Devastation (with lots of battle scars, which play nice with the vuln from greatsword) and Invocation. 

The problem is that most might comes from Invocations trait that u gain might (5 stacks) when u gain fury and u gain fury when u disable a foe. 

The thing is that renegade has a ton of ccs on the summon (6x daze) and on shortbow too. 

Herald has a facet that pulses fury each 3 sec, which means 5 stacks might each 3 sec. 

Vindicator has a low amount of fury on the alliance skills and also none on jalis or shiro.

It also has 0 ccs in the whole build if u run greatsword/swordxsword. 

So the solution would maybe be to run sigil of strength.

• Thanks 3

For open world you can probably get away with running Sigils of Stamina (gain 100 endurance on kill) or energy sigils. Full Berserker you should be able to kill things pretty quick. Combo that with Vassels of the Empire for 10 might/dodge you should be able to upkeep 25 might on 5 targets pretty easy.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAExzlZSMsTyjlSdMUijpSksSigJ/lesF-zxQYhomk7bHqJwxoXKUpCcPLjaGB-e

Devestation gives 2 might for every utility skill you use, Superior rune of rage will give you fury uptime (40% crit) and that fury will give you might. Superior sigil of stamina will continually refill your endurance so you can keep spaming Vassels of the Empire dodge for 10 might and protection. This build has 60% baseline crit chance, capping with fury. Should work for you.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, Temper.2190 said:

In my limited testing in the Beta Vassals of the Empire was perma 25 Might and Prot on it's own (might have been running Diviner's, but still).

On 11/24/2021 at 8:58 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

The problem is that most might comes from Invocations trait that u gain might (5 stacks) when u gain fury and u gain fury when u disable a foe. 

The thing is that renegade has a ton of ccs on the summon (6x daze) and on shortbow too. 

Herald has a facet that pulses fury each 3 sec, which means 5 stacks might each 3 sec. 

Vindicator has a low amount of fury on the alliance skills and also none on jalis or shiro.

It also has 0 ccs in the whole build if u run greatsword/swordxsword. 

So the solution would maybe be to run sigil of strength.

Vindicator has Scavenger Burst (moved from Reaver's Rage) providing perma fury (one 4s stack per target, meaning 20s easily in OW, 5 stacks in duration).
Shiro has Riposting Shadows giving 6s of Fury. 
Plus there is Invoker's Rage giving 5s of Fury at every legend swap (so that alone is 50% Fury uptime with no boon duration).

Plus you have Daze on Reaver's Rage now, and you still have a lot of CC on Shiro/Jalis and Hammer/Sword/Staff. 

Anyway if you want extra Might you can always use  Amnesty of Shing Jea to get it on every single Archemorus skill, every time you use Energy Meld and every time you use Alliance Tactics. 

Sigil of Strength is absolutely useless, you'll have perma Fury and a lot of Might generation easily. Especially if you use Celestial gear with all the boon duration it comes with. 

EDIT: forgot about Nomad's Advance, giving easily 5 stacks of Might per use with no traits. 
Plus Eye for an Eye (5 stacks on stunbreak), plus Spirit Boon when switching to Shiro (2 stacks)

Edited by Kidel.2057