forced to use credit card with paypal

They've been having problems with various payment methods for a few months now. I used to use my debit card for gem purchases up until August 2021 when I attempted to make a gem purchase and the purchase just would not complete. I submitted a ticket to Support and was asked to try again and provide a screenshot of any error message. But there was no error message, the purchase just would not complete no matter how many times I tried! The next reply from Support was that it is a known issue and they're investigating how to resolve this. I was then told to try PayPal if possible as an alternative payment method! Every so often I try my debit card but the problem still persists, that's over 4 months now!

You'd be better off contacting Support directly rather than posting in these forums.

EDIT: Apparently they changed to a different payment processor for GW2 transactions last month. I'll have to try using my debit card again to see if purchases will once again be completed properly instead of never completing! Well, I'll try that once the BLTC becomes available again!

Edited by Grizzly UK.1209
Adding new information

3 hours ago, Grey Mane.9487 said:

I've even tried with a credit card that I added to my account.  It worked a couple of times and then stopped.  The support message I got was that I needed to check the forums as they would post a fix for it there.  

Ah yes, I think that's their standard response. It's usually something along the lines of "it's a known issue, we're currently investigating, the solution/fix/whatever will be posted in the forums". 🤔🤣