Buying Gems

I purchased gems with my credit card. I went to buy more and got an error message. I checked with my bank and the card is active. Tried several times over several days and even tried with a different cc. How do I get the block removed so I can purchase more gems. They are a Christmas present.

My gf and I have been frequently getting the "something went wrong, please try again" error when buying gems since the payment system change. This is with either a Visa or Mastercard payment method as we each have different cards. We submit tickets and get the response "It looks like your purchase attempts were caught in our general security checks and purchase limits. I was able to override these purchase restrictions so please try making your purchase(s) once again."

The process since the payment system change for us has been something like this: Attempt buy gems > Receive error >  Support overrides restrictions > Next purchase goes through > Same error on purchase after that even if its been a week > Submit ticket > Override is done > Purchase goes through - cycle repeats. The first time it happened I went down the street and bought coffee to confirm it wasn't an issue with my card. It's just the security with the new system. Obviously security is important so i totally get it but now before we try to buy anything in store we ask ourselves if submitting tickets is worth the item and decide if we maybe want to spend money elsewhere (Usually we end up buying because we love the game lol). Support has no way to perma lift cards which I can understand why. Hope this info helps!

Edited by Zildjian.4325

I am having the same problem..getting a something went wrong "error" message and Im unable to buy gems. Been waiting for characters slot exp to go on sale forever now and now that they finally have I cant buy gems... guessing this bug will get fixed after the sale is over. SMH

On 12/26/2021 at 5:40 PM, Diz.8509 said:

I am having the same problem..getting a something went wrong "error" message and Im unable to buy gems. Been waiting for characters slot exp to go on sale forever now and now that they finally have I cant buy gems... guessing this bug will get fixed after the sale is over. SMH

On 12/25/2021 at 7:23 AM, Dollbaby.3560 said:

I purchased gems with my credit card. I went to buy more and got an error message. I checked with my bank and the card is active. Tried several times over several days and even tried with a different cc. How do I get the block removed so I can purchase more gems. They are a Christmas present.

There's 2 issues I've experienced buying gems. One was a something went wrong error and I had to enable javascript in that browser. The other something went wrong was being blocked by Anet because I'd already bought gems recently. As Zildjian mentioned above, you'd have to file a support ticket and ask them to remove the block. There's different types of removal, too, so if it only works once and then blocks again make a pointed request to Anet to completely remove the restriction not just temporarily.