Aurora draw animation + deceptive evasion

Curunen.8729

And Vision etc too I presume, though only half a gift of money away from that one.

Anyone else find the orb flash pop in every single clone spawn really annoying? And multiplied with deceptive evasion - every single dodge causes that flash/pop effect for the orbs materialising which sets my teeth on edge.

Having finally completed the grind for this as well as the grind for vision (minus mystic tribute), I love the aura around the player, but sadly have to turn off the full effect for gameplay because I get stressed out with all these flashes/pops constantly going off. Something about the effect is not comfortable unlike most game visuals.

Would be great if there was an option to keep the player aura but deactivate the orbs only, though don't know if that is even possible for the game so can appreciate if not.

Edited by Curunen.8729
I don't get why on phone gets triple spaces between paragraphs...

Clone visuals have allot of problems like that and honestly it seems to ruin the concept of hiding amoung your clones. The one I always notice is that (at least in wvw) my clones dont spawn with infusion effects anymore (pretty sure they used to) So my toons Yellow/green skin and orange hair shows up instead of a Winter's Heart effect. Its really annoying after spending allot to give me toon a look that I like, not to mention spoiling any hope of Mirage shell game without altering my look JUST because of a bug.

Its been an issue for a few years I think. TBH I just never complained but well Mesmer is in a kitten place anyway so no harm in pointing out yet another weakness it has in wvw at this point.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, OriOri.8724 said:

I imagine it wouldn't be that easy for ANet to give the option to only deactivate part of the effect.

Maybe they could add an option for legendary effects to not appear on clones in PvE? Or have it toned down on clones or something

Well they should appear on clones, the draw animation seems messed up but the infusion effects not showing on clones so that they dont look like the player is the worst of the two issues.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OriOri.8724 said:

I imagine it wouldn't be that easy for ANet to give the option to only deactivate part of the effect.

Maybe they could add an option for legendary effects to not appear on clones in PvE? Or have it toned down on clones or something

Yeah I imagine the same. Would be nice if clones maybe didn't trigger the full visual (and audio) effects, I could live with that.

Edit - meaning draw effects, but agree with Moradorin clones should have the auras etc while active.

6 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Clone visuals have allot of problems like that and honestly it seems to ruin the concept of hiding amoung your clones. The one I always notice is that (at least in wvw) my clones dont spawn with infusion effects anymore (pretty sure they used to) So my toons Yellow/green skin and orange hair shows up instead of a Winter's Heart effect. Its really annoying after spending allot to give me toon a look that I like, not to mention spoiling any hope of Mirage shell game without altering my look JUST because of a bug.

Its been an issue for a few years I think. TBH I just never complained but well Mesmer is in a kitten place anyway so no harm in pointing out yet another weakness it has in wvw at this point.

That's a good point - kind of funny that the flash is even more a giant marker with DE indicating the player just dodged in that location. Even worse for stowing to cancel skills then draw etc.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Haha 1