[GEM STORE] Purchasing gems impossible since rework, ING BANK

Buy gem cards at an authorized retailer instead.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/

Sale is over, but these retailers probably still sell gem cards for the normal price that you can buy with iDeal.

I bought many at GameCardsDirect and paid with iDeal.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Thanks 1

I took a break for the holidays after participating in the beta events for the upcoming expansion, and I'm in the same boat. The reworked UI looks like it setup correctly but will not let me purchase. 

I spend a ludicrous amount on the gem store for me and my family, wife just bought another plushy... GW wants me money, why won't they take it?

One option you might be able to try is the paysafecard. I've used it without any issues since the credit card payment processing problems began. You can find list of countries where it works here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/paysafecard-now-accepted-in-gem-store/

There's link to the paysafe site where you can read how it works. You don't have to register for an account but I did and it was quite straightforward. Also the app is simple, easy to use and works great. I've used this payment method on other games too.

18 hours ago, WareWolf.6951 said:

I took a break for the holidays after participating in the beta events for the upcoming expansion, and I'm in the same boat. The reworked UI looks like it setup correctly but will not let me purchase. 

I spend a ludicrous amount on the gem store for me and my family, wife just bought another plushy... GW wants me money, why won't they take it?

The old payment provider had many issues as well. I hoped that the chance would fix everything but alas. Many issues HAVE been fixed, but many new issues arrived.

But the good thing is that we now have authorized retailers that have stock in Europe, unless a few years ago where everything was out of stock. So, if you cannot use the in-game gem purchase, be sure to use the alternative in the form of the retailers. Prices should be similar.

Yes, it would be nice if all gem store payment issues would have been resolved for everyone. For example: I cannot use PayPal there anymore because the new payment provider wants me to add a credit card even tho I have enough PayPal balance. But don't hold your breath while hoping for a solution. Just use the alternatives.

I have my Paypal linked to both my bank account and a credit account. Neither one seems to make a difference. I'm not going out of my way to get virtual money for a game at this point I only play a few hours a week. That said, I do spend $100-200/m on gems (when it worked) to get fun things for me and the family. Not to mention we buy all the top versions of the games when launched, we have bought the plushies and other out of game stuff too. Own / Read the books... Lot's has been spent on this franchise even back when GW1 launched. 

If Arenanet is OK with that loss, that's on them. I do not need this game like they need the revenue streams.