Some Guardian questions!

Crymsyn.5037

I am considering going with either Guardian or Warrior (I lean slightly towards guardian). I am likely going to solo things likely mostly story as I'm more story focused than anything. 1-What are some good guardian weapons for leveling? I know some are better than other's and 2-What are some good core specs/skills? (Haven't given much thought to elite specs as It's going to be QUITE a while I fear ha ha.) As I said I'm torn between guardian and warrior....Both are classes I haven't played much at which is why I thought I'd ask for advice and which you thought would be better for doing things solo!

I too was\is in this dilemma and after many posts of me asking but but but whats best and all that, and then actually going out and looking at the two in gameplay, AND THEN.....I made both, many times, to see what race worked for me with each class.

ATM I am leaning towards Guardian\FB\DH and thats mostly based off how dang squishy I found the Warrior , yup, i said the Warrior! makes no sense and I know others have had great success with them but I just couldnt click with them. I find the overall skills and such boring as, and then also with the upcoming Elites Bladesworn just feels clunky as! I mean waiting around to fire off your big guns??? really??  meme central to me.

My biggest complaint, if you can call it that, about Guardian is that EVERYONE and their Uncle has one!! Every raid has like 2, or 6, then Scourge and top it off with some Renegade for a meta salad!! Would love some class diversity in raids and such, as long as you can play it and dont die, bring it!

So, I am sticking with with Guardian and another reason is that I think Willbender is going to be decent and welcomed once EoD drops. One can dream right!!??

Would have loved it had Vindicator not been such a drop out, or is it drop in....lol. 

Now what does this have to do with your choice? Nothing, because its just that, your choice. When it comes to it its really all about whether you have fun and enjoy your toon, period. I mean you could even maybe give Ele a go! (ok, went to far...)    😉

(also, to answer the end of your post, go to Metabattle for builds. Snow Crows and hardstuck have great ones but its all raids based. Metabattle has open world, solo, farming, etc. So its very handy it is)

1) Being a Core Build Guard, the leveling weapon is Greatsword/ Scepter & Focus or Shield.
Greatsword is the highest damage weapon for Guardian, no reason of not using it. Scepter allows you to range which is vital for you to learn better on mobs and environment, though the range is short, but it is suffice. If you are beginning to feel more confidence, Scepter can swap to Sword.  For beginner, stats ought to be Berserker or Marauder.

2) Zeal: 222, Virtues112. The 3rd line is up to your preference. If you need more hitpoints, go for Valor. If you need more dps, go for Radiance. For Skills: Sword of Justice, Hammer of Wisdom, Save Yourselves. Elite just select whatever that suits you. The faster you kill a mob, the less chance for you to die. In general, you can start the fight with Scepter 3 & 2, and continue with Sword of Justice.

3) At Core Build, both are good at dps and condition damage. 

Enjoy the game ~~

Edited by yLoon.5289