Thanks for the Call Of War

Wanted to make this topic to break from some of the negativity on the feedback forum; I really do think running events with these betas encourages more people to stick with some of the issues they may experience.

Speaking of issues, the nameplate 'bug' (where it says a server name instead of a team name on capture)--I'm wondering if this is more or less a preview of how things will actually work? What I mean is, will an alliance 'team' basically be the server we have now but mostly influenced by guilds allying instead of an algorithm? So perhaps right now under the hood things are still organized as a 'server' but randomly pairing guilds together to test that piece? 

If so, I wonder if there will be a cap on alliance transfers like there are server transfers? Essentially players may be able to switch guilds freely, but entire guilds probably cannot leave an alliance within a certain timeframe?

Also, I'm hoping at some point there is a way to see what guilds are allied on a team? Even if this is just 'read only', at least we'd be able to tell who we're facing from the WvW screen rather than just the team name which is pretty impersonal.  

The "nameplate bug" is most likely due to hardcoded systems they cannot change until the feature is fully implemented. Fixing it would probably break normal WvW so it cant reset tomorrow

The team is the "server". Alliances are entirely different things that doesnt exist yet. Nobody knows how exactly they will work except that its a group of guilds.

23 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

If so, I wonder if there will be a cap on alliance transfers like there are server transfers? Essentially players may be able to switch guilds freely, but entire guilds probably cannot leave an alliance within a certain timeframe?

This is going to be interesting. They said they are removing transfers so everyone should be locked into their World for the season length. Presumably you'd be able to join/leave Guilds/Alliances as you see fit but you'd still be "stuck" on that world until the new season starts. 

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I think they said they didnt know if they would still have transfers during the 8 week periods, within the team size restrictions. 

That may be true, will be interesting to see how they work that out with somewhat "even" populations. I just hope EoD goes smooth so they can maybe grind out WR so we can get to the Alliance part.