[POLL] Would You Buy.

STIHL.2489

Voted more than one option.If I had to choose between paying for extra content (even if I don't play group related instances) or skins and goodies, I'd prefer to support the content. I'd buy that raid expansion although I know I'll never get to raid. I bought alot of those things in LotrO, knowing I would never play it.

But it gives the feeling you pay for development of the game, expanding content. Skins, etc feel more like supporting. In short: Investing vs. supporting. But both are fine with me, I like this game alot.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would buy LS, even exactly as they are as "season pass" content if it meant that Anet stopped putting 80% of new skins in the gem store and actually gave me more goals to work toward by putting more of that reward content in the game as rewards for doing stuff in the game.

I'd happily pay more to buy actual parts of the game with cool loot in them. I don't like buying loot with gems devoid of playable context. Farming for currency or pulling out my credit card to get items makes the resulting items feel hollow.

Is it nice that we get a lot of free updates? Sure. My desire to actually play them past maybe initial map completion and run through of the story really suffers because of the lack of reward. All these achievements that just toss on a few achievement points and like 1/16 of a helmet or shoulder skin feel like busywork, so I play a free update, look at the massive grind wall in front of me for a single skin, and go "nah, one hat isn't worth all that"

If I was told "Here's a season of LS, each episode contains a map with a bunch of achievements and a bunch of new skins to earn by completing those achievements" I'd be much more in to it because I'd be getting interesting rewards at an interesting pace.

I'd rather pay for content and earn rewards in that content than get content for free and be expected to buy the rewards and pretend I earned them. I will play content to unlock skins I'm not even going to use, and play it a lot. I won't go to the gem store to unlock skins I'm not going to use. I like buying games, not loot, you know?

I don’t know how to vote, every options either raid or dungeon, grind or jumping.

Iiving story is the only option i like but the current update speed is acceptable to me. If i will have to fund for development, i rather we can have more attention to wvw and pvp. Pve already got all the attention, what needs to be done is more QoL update to wvw and pvp, like build template, save and load keybind setting, legendary trinket for wvw etc.

Wow, the choices you offer are 'I will pay extra for stuff that's currently free' vs 'I'm a selfish twit.'I notice there's no option for 'It's fine the way it is, people can buy gems if they want to support the game more.'

What's with all these threads lately suggesting new ways Anet should charge the players? Is this from people terrified the company is going bankrupt, or business students eager to experiment with someone else's business model, or undercover Anet staff feeling out the player base to see what new charges might be tolerated?

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Wow, the choices you offer are 'I will pay extra for stuff that's currently free' vs 'I'm a selfish twit.'I notice there's no option for 'It's fine the way it is, people can buy gems if they want to support the game more.'

What's with all these threads lately suggesting new ways Anet should charge the players? Is this from people terrified the company is going bankrupt, or business students eager to experiment with someone else's business model, or undercover Anet staff feeling out the player base to see what new charges might be tolerated?

They're from players who understand that Anet needs money to develop a game, that are also players that may not particularly like the way it is being done. These players are trying to figure out a good way to communicate other possible win/win situations where Anet still makes solid money and more players are happy.

You're seeing these posts recently because anet has made a pretty significant shift in its pricing and methodologies, and also because the new forums have an easy to use poll system.

You're right, there should always be an option in these polls for "I like it the way it is" but occam's razor applies here. The explanation is really as simple as it seems on the surface.

Archived