[POLL] Would You Buy.

STIHL.2489

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@"Cyrin.1035" said:"maybe kill off the people we don't like" - One name: BRAHAM. It must be done.

Plot-twist: Anet makes Braham really likeable again and then kills him off with many heart-wrenching similarities to Erin's death to make us feel bad. :P

Anet always kills the people i like(Eir, Trahaerne) and lets the smarky people I dislike live(Taimi, Caithe, Rytlock). I would not be surprised if Canach is the next to bite the dust.

Regarding the question, I would not buy extra for anything. If I want a moloch to spit out quality content as fast as they can, I would play a game with 3 letters. I have no idea if the good people of Anet are incompetent, have internal problems, lack funding or have a healthy mixture of all this stuff, or even none of that and just drive a policy that gives out enough content to stay in the game but not enough to be known for quick quality.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Torolan.5816 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@"Cyrin.1035" said:"maybe kill off the people we don't like" - One name: BRAHAM. It must be done.

Plot-twist: Anet makes Braham really likeable again and then kills him off with many heart-wrenching similarities to Erin's death to make us feel bad. :P

Anet always kills the people i like(Eir, Trahaerne) and lets the smarky people I dislike live(Taimi, Caithe, Rytlock). I would not be surprised if Canach is the next to bite the dust.

Regarding the question, I would not buy extra for anything. If I want a moloch to spit out quality content as fast as they can, I would play a game with 3 letters. I have no idea if the good people of Anet are incompetent, have internal problems, lack funding or have a healthy mixture of all this stuff, or even none of that and just drive a policy that gives out enough content to stay in the game but not enough to be known for quick quality.

Except before HoT, pretty much everyone hated Trahaerne because he kept stealing your spotlight. And then they made him likeable. Just sayin'. ;)

I will be using more money on the game in the future, getting convenience and cosmetic things from the gemstore and any future expansions. I however wont use money on anything you mentioned in the poll.It isn't that I am unable to make choices, but that I do not agree with any of the given choices.

If it is in coregame (dungeons and festivals) it should not be behind a paywall.Anything not in core game, should/will be added with Living Story and Expansions, which means it is already something we pay for.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Alchofas.8243 said:Will we get any sort of privilege or status as one of the sponsor? But then, still no.

Based with my understanding, it seems like you're trying to tell us to pay anet's development for some certain system we would like to see, that's more or less the same as sponsoring them and if i were to have the power to sponsor any games, i would have just started a project for my own game and use those money for its development instead.

I don't view buying a product as sponsoring someone, because I am sure not sponsoring Walmart.

Except you're not really buying products here. You're paying the team to focus on its development on a single point, it's something that's not a product yet soon to be one. When you're paying the devs to make or focus on a particular feature that's not there yet, that is the same as sponsoring them.

@Alchofas.8243 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Alchofas.8243 said:Will we get any sort of privilege or status as one of the sponsor? But then, still no.

Based with my understanding, it seems like you're trying to tell us to pay anet's development for some certain system we would like to see, that's more or less the same as sponsoring them and if i were to have the power to sponsor any games, i would have just started a project for my own game and use those money for its development instead.

I don't view buying a product as sponsoring someone, because I am sure not sponsoring Walmart.

Except you're not really buying products here. You're paying the team to focus on its development on a single point, it's something that's not a product yet soon to be one. When you're paying the devs to make or focus on a particular feature that's not there yet, that is the same as sponsoring them.

You are way over thinking this, the idea is that you would buy it, and since it sells, they make more of it.. because.. they like money.

I feel as though dungeons have been overly nerfed and forgotten as a result. The stories in them were quite enjoyable and also a nice way to play the game for a few. New dungeons as a continuation in the expansion maps would be amazing.

I chose more than a few because I do believe more can be done at the upcoming festivals such as add new parts to the existing recycled content.

@STIHL.2489 said:You are way over thinking this, the idea is that you would buy it, and since it sells, they make more of it.. because.. they like money.

Or maybe the concept has been oversimplified. Typically, there's not enough cash generated by selling something to make it worth doing, since there's additional infrastructure required to make it possible in the first place. ANet can sell more mount skins because they already built the infrastructure, but they can't sell 20 more sets this week — there's a saturation point at which people can't afford to spend more (or will choose not to). Too many skins and people aren't that any interested in any of them.

The simple question would be: if ANet adds a new team, what would you want them to focus on? New content, adjusting old content (including dungeons, events & hearts, stories), quality of life (including UI, rewards, ...), or overhauling a game mode? It doesn't really matter how its funded, does it?

Or put another way: I already have voted with my wallet to spend my entertainment budget on this game and I'll continue to do so as long as ANet makes a product that entertains me. If it gets to the point that I feel the need to micromanage their choices, then it's time for another game.

I did not hate Trahearne before HoT. He had several advantages for him:Not a destinys edge member.Humble. Not his fault that people behave like Napoleon and can´t stand being only the right hand of the commander.He always put you over and only talked good about you.Positive attitude("This won´t end well") ^^

"I paid for the game, I expect everything for free"

Which one is it 4kittenSake. Pay for access to being able to pay for content that you need to pay to able to use conveniently. Nice, good luck with that.

EDIT: I take it back, maybe having paid forinstanced satellite moba/arpg components would be better.

I would really like new dungeons, collections for lege items and new festivals BUT...

I would rather pay more for the expansions, buy LS as expansions or even pay monthly subscription than to have additionally paid small content pieces in boundaries of already owned stuff.

Imagine, for example, searching people for such paid dungeon; that you need to inform every newcomer that he need to buy it first to be able to enter.I think it will be also badly received by a lot of players, not necessary only the free/less rich ones.

The one thing I want to see right now, paid or not, would be ability for players to choose side in some PvE-based conflict, just like Kurzicks and Luxons, and maybe even 3-sided conflict which will be then ported to WvW. Bring something like that in next expansion and I will pay even three digits price for it.

I bought the expansion that didn't really do anything for the game mode I play. [WvW]So basically I bought a elite spec to stay sort of relevant in that game mode.

In return I would like [for that money] A new map to play on some new mechanics to play with and some balance to those specs.Today i get one of those (I hope)

Personally, I would want player housing (similar to Black Desert Online where I could decorate and even put crafting stations in the home) and better collections. Maybe one I could get legendary useful tools i.e. an infinite use salvage kit that salvages at black lion salvage kit levels bust super cheap or free use. Or maybe food and utility stations where you can select the buffs you want each time you use them (also infinite use of course). Also, those collections would have to be extremely tough, time consuming, and a major gold sink to unlock the items.

Can’t expect something for nothing right?

After this most recent nonsense with the mount skin gamble there is no way I'd drop real money on some cosmetic stuff or anything in the gem store. Mind you, I've not gotten any gemcards since the disasterous spring update years ago that took them ages to address, but thats neither here nor there. I had actually considered getting mount skins should they release some, but then they went and did what they did so, nope.

I mean I guess its good for my pocket, as I am not throwing money at them, but bad for their business as it seems like I'm not the only one taking this stance.

Never again. After seeing how manipulative their marketing is for the mount skins and knowing that it's a game rated for kids I refuse to give them any more of my cash.

Yes, black lion chests have always been a thing (never supported those either), but they've never been as manipulative with them as they are being with the mounts.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:After this most recent nonsense with the mount skin gamble there is no way I'd drop real money on some cosmetic stuff or anything in the gem store. Mind you, I've not gotten any gemcards since the disasterous spring update years ago that took them ages to address, but thats neither here nor there. I had actually considered getting mount skins should they release some, but then they went and did what they did so, nope.

@Miss Lana.5276 said:Never again. After seeing how manipulative their marketing is for the mount skins and knowing that it's a game rated for kids I refuse to give them any more of my cash.

Yes, black lion chests have always been a thing (never supported those either), but they've never been as manipulative with them as they are being with the mounts.

This is kinda what I was hoping to address, as opposed to them fishing or cash though RNG and then having them for all intents and purposes, taking a guess what players what, players would be able to buy what they want and what sells is what development focuses on.

In sort, Voting with your wallet by opening it.. not closing it.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I choose this because the option for : "Just expansions" isnt there.I payed for Hot, got hot and LS3.I payed for PoF and got PoF and soon LS4.And i will continue to do so.I also pay for some sweet aesthetics too.Everything else like: New fractals, raids, dungeons, collections and side quest stories can be added with LS chapters or expansions.

Exactly this for me too. I won't be spending a single penny on RNG or over priced skins. I am happy to put my money to stuff if I feel they are value for money.

• 4 weeks later...

When I bought the game, I made an investment, when I buy gems with real money, I also make an investment ...

What do I hope you do with my money?I'd like the dungeons to come back, even if it's a route, but with a good story. 4 dungeons for expansion I would have conformed, if that meant a new set of weapons and armor by dungeon.

Legendary, I like that they can be completed in the open world, the armor and legendary ring in the Raids seems a serious mistake ...

Festivals! Yes, more festivals please!

About the puzzle jump, I've already talked about it in the past and I think that it's nothing, it's just additional content. But I would have liked that small part of the content had better rewards, I do not know, like a set of armor or crazy weapons.

Unfortunately, they use my money to make outfits and raids that nobody plays or that few people buy because they are so expensive.

Not a poll option, but I would pay for an upgrade that adds a ginormous number of new unique armors (not just reskins), and possibly integrates them into core content (world maps, dungeons, etc). Obtaining them could be token-based (ala dungeons), scavenger hunt (ala legendary crafting) or via some kind of crafting overhaul (which could incorporate a much smaller degree of those token or scavenger hunting elements). The new armors would need to have a large variety and be vastly different than anything we have today, and there should be a significant number at each armor weight that can appeal to each segment of players at the end of any possible armor spectrum category (fantasy-based <-> realistic, skimpy <-> conservative, skin-tight <-> highly layered, non-spikey <-> spikey, trenchcoat-lovers <-> trenchoat-haters, etc)

I don't get this. It seems that Anet charges $25.00 for a skin that serves absolutely no purpose and people have become so upset that they now want to pay for anything and everything. I just don't get it. The part of these suggestions that confuses me the most is that for the most part, people will end up being forced to pay this $25.00 just to have what they have now.

Archived