Purchasing Skiff from Sochee in the Scenic Route

• ArenaNet Staff

I've got some info on this one! We are aware of this and working on a fix, but there's a workaround in the meantime: Quit Chapter 5: A Scenic Route in your story journal, start a different chapter, and then restart Chapter 5. That should get you moving again while we get the problem sorted out.

Still bugged for me - despite trying a different chapter and losing heaps of progress. I can't access my skiff - and can't progress the story in New Kaineng because of that. 

Nor can I repurchase from Sochee - which would fix this.

Edited by Fleabite.7528

I did not have this problem. Purchased the skiff before progressing the story to that point and they just mentioned "using your own boat" or something like that in the story and I just could to to the green marker and spawn the skiff.

Maybe it also detects whether the renown heart has completed or not (at the day you are trying to play the story)? I did this today. Players that completed the renown heart yesterday and bought the skiff ... there the bug might appear?

Edited by Luthan.5236

Bought the skiff before I finished the heart quest did not get the skiff even after I finished the heart quest. 

And can't move on with my personal story as I have to buy a skiff to move to the next step. 

My alt can play the story but cant buy a skiff nor does my alt have a skiff, however if my alt uses one of the boats

that need to be repaired it will turn into my dragon boat.......   

I'm having the same problem, but instead of being stuck at "purchasing" the skiff the game crashes every time I attempt to use the skiff. Not only does the crash happen on my main char that originally bought the skiff but all my alts on the account. I have tried multiple times (esp after each patch) to exit the chapter by going to a different chapter, that includes the chapter before and other chapters in other storylines, in order to reset it. But whenever I come back to the part where I need to deploy the skiff I get the same bug. The game crashes and I'm unable to finish the story.