Is there any kind of guide for this instance?  Leaving aside the crashes and random freezes, I keep ending up stuck on ships with no way forward.  I was able to TP to friend to get into the EoD maps, but the masteries are locked until I can progress through the story.   I'm honestly considering giving up on EoD until this gets fixed since I can't even unlock the masteries by doing hearts like we could in PoF.

It's really not a good feeling to know that I'm being completely kept by progressing in every part of the expac by early story instance issues. 

That's nice for you, but since that's not been my experience, not really helpful. 

Hopefully someone puts out a guide and the crash bug gets fixed soon. I've spent more than an hour on this and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take that long. 

Edited by Gilosean.3805

I’d say the instance should take around 15 minutes, maybe less if you are organised. 

Few tips I can give: 

- some ships have a control terminal in the front to bring them closer to other ships. Make sure to use them. 

- some jumps are too far to make directly. There are some floating platforms you can hop between. Map sure to look up and down so you don’t miss them by accident. They do move a bit - so watch them and make sure you jump when they are at a nice angle. 

- all movement is either in the direction the fleet travels or towards the right when you are facing the fleet direction of travel. There is no need to backtrack. 

- the ground targeting can be a bit glitchy. Make sure you get the full green circle on a smooth surface. There isn’t a single jump in the sequence where you can’t do that. If it’s not possible from where you are standing move around a bit and experiment. 

Hope that helps. 

Edited by Winola.8214

15 hours ago, Winola.8214 said:

I’d say the instance should take around 15 minutes, maybe less if you are organised. 

Few tips I can give: 

- some ships have a control terminal in the front to bring them closer to other ships. Make sure to use them. 

- some jumps are too far to make directly. There are some floating platforms you can hop between. Map sure to look up and down so you don’t miss them by accident. They do move a bit - so watch them and make sure you jump when they are at a nice angle. 

- all movement is either in the direction the fleet travels or towards the right when you are facing the fleet direction of travel. There is no need to backtrack. 

- the ground targeting can be a bit glitchy. Make sure you get the full green circle on a smooth surface. There isn’t a single jump in the sequence where you can’t do that. If it’s not possible from where you are standing move around a bit and experiment. 

Hope that helps. 

Not much help, but a little. unfortunately, those floating platforms can't be repositioned,  there's no control panel  for them. Some of the ship control panels are not accessible, either, and some ships are too far to jump to. And the star disappears, so where to go then? Really need more help on this; already submitted a bug report for the mission (it has quite a few bugs).

18 hours ago, Gilosean.3805 said:

It's really not a good feeling to know that I'm being completely kept by progressing in every part of the expac by early story instance issues. 

I'm not giving up. No way. However, it does indicate a certain lack of attention to detail, that these very serious bugs weren't found and squashed before launch.

I have the same problem; stuck with no way to another ship.  leapt to the platform with a star over it, and now no more stars, but the story indicates there should be one. Logged out for now; at least they allowed a way to get back into the mission with some ease.

And I agree it's not a good feeling.

I too am having great difficulty jumping to the ship with the star.

I tried.

I googled for info.

And came up with not a single clue.

Feeling stupid, discouraged, and unsure as to what to do

To to make the leap.

Is there a video out there in cyberspace that hand holds your hand through this dasterly leap?

Lisa-sad

10 hours ago, Marika.5726 said:

I'm not giving up. No way. However, it does indicate a certain lack of attention to detail, that these very serious bugs weren't found and squashed before launch.

I have the same problem; stuck with no way to another ship.  leapt to the platform with a star over it, and now no more stars, but the story indicates there should be one. Logged out for now; at least they allowed a way to get back into the mission with some ease.

And I agree it's not a good feeling.

Finally made it thru "old Friends." I do think the mission needed a bit more testing, because therer really isn't much guidance on which ships to jump to and when. Also, there weren't any targeting circles for prismatic leap. NONE.Now on Chapter 2. What a hassle that was.