Kudos to the designers of New Kaineng City!

Seriously, the city is more diverse than any other place in Tyria. I am in awe with every new location I discover.

It is truly mind-blowingly beautiful (especially the Eastern parts of the map), and I am saying this as a player who is not a fan of modern tech in a fantasy game (but the jade-tech does blend in surprisingly well, despite its color - just please, don't make all future content this technologically advanced). Also, everything seems so well thought-out.

The people who designed the city, the events, the different locations, the hearts, the achievements, as well as the writers who are responsible for the ambient dialogue and the composers who wrote the background music for each location which captures the specific mood of the area and the day/night cycle: you did a marvelous job there!

Edit: Holy crap! I just entered the underwater facility in the story mission - whoever came up with the design: you must have read Jules Verne! 😃

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm happy to see other people enjoying the work of the dev. All 4 new maps are great but Kaineng is by far the best map of GW2 IMO. It gave me some Cyberpunk 2077 flair. While the instance you mentioned reminded me of Bioshock.

So yeah kudos to Anet Team 📣

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Animando.7956 said:

I'm happy to see other people enjoying the work of the dev. All 4 new maps are great but Kaineng is by far the best map of GW2 IMO. It gave me some Cyberpunk 2077 flair.

Well, that's not why I like it. 😄 As by my thread started several months ago, I am not a fan of (jade) punk in my fantasy games and in general do not wish for more tech to be added to this game as I am a traditionalist when it comes to the fantasy genre. That's the one aesthetic of New Kaineng City that I consider more of an eye-sore. 😉 But it doesn't take away from all the other aspects that make this a great map and gaming experience.

While the instance you mentioned reminded me of Bioshock

BioShock and everything of the kind does have its roots in literature like Jules Verne's, I suppose. There would likely be no horror genre as we know it today, either, if it hadn't been for Bram Stoker and Mary Shelley. No fantasy genre without Tolkien, etc.

I'm happy to see other people enjoying the work of the dev. All 4 new maps are great but Kaineng is by far the best map of GW2 IMO. It gave me some Cyberpunk 2077 flair. While the instance you mentioned reminded me of Bioshock.

So yeah kudos to Anet Team 📣

Oh man, I thought I was crazy but I too got these major Cyberpunk 2077 vibes.

15 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

What do you mean by diverse? 

Well, I didn't mean culturally or sociologically, though those aspects are definitely there as well.

I was referring to the different parts of the map: you have a harbor area that has a different atmosphere than the city life. You have a library that has a completely different atmosphere than the slums. You even have Old Kaineng's ruins that are haunted by ghosts.

I was also referring to the variety of events: you can do delivery tasks on a Raptor, which are like a jumping puzzle, or you can choose to bring two ghostly lovers back together and thereby gain entrance to a locked treasure room, or you can sort out books in the library to clear it of Purist literature. To name only a few.

And last but not least, you have tons of options on how to traverse the map: rushing through it via jade-tech zip lines or take your time on your skyscale and discover secret corners of the map.

I call that diverse.

Edited by Ashantara.8731