[Build] Viable Condition Virtuoso

Nezekan.2671

I tried this build and it seems to do very good damage, on par with Virtuoso power builds. The idea behind this build is reaching 100% crit chance for maximum bleed application whilst being condition focused. However around 30% of the damage in this build is still strike damage. But that is unavoidable.

Here is the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABgqh/lVwSYIMFmLWOXfxfA-zRRYmhVE94yIiKojUQ4Z5RfL-e

Weapon choice: This builds NEEDS the dagger auto. It's the only auto attack in the game that is categorized as "blade", and since we have 100% crit chance, every auto guarantees a bleed. Use skill 2 and 3 whenever nothing else is available.

Pistol: Great for a bleed based build, provided you have the trait, which this build does.

Torch: The only other option left for off hand condition damage. We use illusion traitline anyway, so it's actually good since we have the trait for it as well.

Reaching 100% crit chance: You need fury and this build can grant itself fury fairly consistently and you either need the food (the best food option is in the build), or spotter buff from ranger or banner of discipline from warrior. If you have the buff from ranger or warrior, use a better food.

How this plays: This build produces way more blades than you will ever need due to extremely rapid bleed applications (can reach 40 bleed on your own). Your shatters will be on cooldown when you have max blades. To counter this, we need to use signet of illusions to recharge the shatters. This needs further testing, but it might actually be necessary to run mimic as well, replacing either signet of midnight or signet of domination so we can use signet of illusions more often.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
Typos
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I am so happy to find someone else who realised this!!! 100% agree, condi Virtu can work like this as a hybrid combination with power.

On first glance, the class only choice for condi seems to be scepter/staff. But Virtu does not have clones to apply auto-attack condi and just falls short as a pure condi class (compared to mirage for example). While Main the Disillusioned is stronger on Virtu because of 5-clone shatter applying 2 more stacks of torment, it is not strong enough if that is the only consistent way. Also, by playing with scepter/staff, you won't generate enough blades to shatter frequently enough for this trait.

Maximising crit for bleeding application essentially turns dagger into a condi weapon, as well as all your blade utility and bladesongs. My logic for my build is "since I am crit cap, why not also do power damage instead of burning?"

So my build is this: 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABgqhzlVwSYIsVmLe6XdxfA-zRZYmBhxGfhFBZEGRVVXK4PLPKhB-e

It is close to 100% bleeding duration, and 100% crit chance with only fury. Trait explanation:

Illusion - Not having torch, removes the need for "The Pledge" and you can take "Shatter Storm", more F1 shatter = more bleed = 1 blade guarantee. With this you can spam F1 and F2, and sometimes even use F4. 

Chaos - I don't take Dueling because the condi traits from it is not as strong as Chaos traitline, and the power trait lines relies on having sword main hand with "Fencer Finese". Chaos is too good, and you can give yourself some regen from F4 even in open world. 

Virtuoso - "Phantasmal Blade" over "Sharpening Sorrow" while the bonus expertise with fury is strong, you can cover it with gear. "Phantasmal Blade" essentially turns your phantasm into a blade (2 blades per phantasm like this), so now your offhand weapon synergise with everything 🙂

Utility - "Rain of Swords" is an insane way to stock blades. But I am interested to test out how to combo "Signet of illusion" with "thousand cuts". Since using the elite gives you way too much blades all a sudden, and you can benefit from more shatters

I prefer "Twin blade restoration" because it does not interrupt like "signet of ether". With shatters on cast time, the signet messes me up all the time. Also, the number of blades stock with using another phantasm and using "Twin Blade restoration" is the same. (with added condi cleanse)

If people are interested in numbers, with the snowcrows power dagger/sword+sword/focus, I got 32k DPS on the golem. I believe the GS version should be way stronger, but never tried it. Personally don't like GS, and sword mainhand requires you to be melee which is not always possible. With viper gear + nightmare rune and using scepter with condi mesmer traits, I got <18k DPS. With the build I show, I got 28k DPS.

28k is low for the standards these days (42k condi ren, axe mirage etc) but its viable and nice for chill groups. Being always at 1200 range with satisfying autos for only a 4k dps loss is decent. On top of that, you can change grieving stats for rabid to have toughness, and "jagged mind" plus the regen and fury you give yourself, its a good open world build with self sustain. 

Edited by KillersNighT.8041
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I've changed my build to condi as well. But I use Illusion and Dueling traits similar to@Nezekan.2671

Dueling traits makes your F2 to inflict 20 stacks of "Confusion", also Sharper Images and Master Fencer have perfect synergy with Jagged Mind.

My rotation starts with;

•F2(5 Blades)

•Pistol 5&4, Dagger 2

•1st F1(5 Blades)

•Rain of Swords, Dagger 3&2

•2nd F1(5 Blades)

•{Swap weapon}Torch 5&4, Dagger1 until F2 cooldown

*I try to lay elite skill whenever I can gather mobs in a line.

Build is very effective against single target mobs but not valid for groups. Even skills have piercing ability, its hard to get mobs in a line. Also there is no condi-cleanse or any other skill that would increase sustainability.

Edited by Masteis.9720
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Interestingly, based on today's patch notes, Anet intends the cVirt to be a high sustain option. I'm ... not seeing it yet. I guess they want to push Celestial or have people inventively stack Precision on a TB load up? 

But, I'm delighted by the interesting builds cVirt offers, especially now Anet has recognized some flaws with it and corrected them. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Interestingly, based on today's patch notes, Anet intends the cVirt to be a high sustain option. I'm ... not seeing it yet. I guess they want to push Celestial or have people inventively stack Precision on a TB load up? 

But, I'm delighted by the interesting builds cVirt offers, especially now Anet has recognized some flaws with it and corrected them. 

You can easily make a celestial variant of my build but still have 100% crit chance. (With fury)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABgqh/lVwSYIsVmLWOXfxfA-z1QY1onVCuMioC6IFk/gEI7hPypA-w

Edited by Nezekan.2671

1 hour ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

You can easily make a celestial variant of my build but still have 100% crit chance. (With fury)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABgqh/lVwSYIsVmLWOXfxfA-z1QY1onVCuMioC6IFk/gEI7hPypA-w

Yes I tried something similar. It wasn't quite there for sustain, at least not anything that I would agree to categorize it as 'high'.

I guess what I'm saying is it's a bit much to ask based on the options available, which is why I'm giving Anet the sideways look when they intend for Condi builds to be THE high sustain option for Virtuoso. Frankly, I believe it's more likely that the direct DPS is a higher sustain option and easier to build. 

Edited by Obtena.7952