When did Anet start charging a sales tax on Gem Store purchases?

On 3/25/2022 at 4:44 PM, GW Noob.6038 said:

They never charge a tax before. I can't imagine the MFing government waiting all these years to start taxing me! Like the other guys said: they changed their payment method and THAT's when it started.

Internet sales are relatively new and laws tend to lag when keeping up with new technology.  The internet has been around for how long and how long did it take for them to start passing some form of cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking laws?  If you live in a location that charges at tax on goods, whether physical or not, you have to pay that tax.  Retailers are required to collect this tax to comply with the law otherwise they are fined or worse.  If you have an issue with this then take it up with your government.

• Confused 1

All I know is, never buy gems direct in the in game store, At least when it comes to Australia, as You get less gems for more money. Compared to gem cards from EBgames. 

Like, yeah lets spend 32 dollars on 1,600 gems or spend 25 dollars on 2,000 gems. I wonder which one is better value. For some reason the gem store in game has always been a massive rip off. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, GW Noob.6038 said:

As I stated in the OP, I won't be buying anything from the Gemshop...that's how I have dealt with this issue.

Thats one option. Would you do the same for all goods that you can purchase where you live that are taxed?  I’m taxed on gem purchases due to where I live. I am also taxed on things like movies, gas, furniture, appliances, etc. I guess I could take a stance against having to pay taxes and just stare at a wall while sitting on the hard floor. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:44 AM, GW Noob.6038 said:

They never charge a tax before. I can't imagine the MFing government waiting all these years to start taxing me! Like the other guys said: they changed their payment method and THAT's when it started.

The man has found you, and now everybody is hounding you particularly.

Youre doomed - however will you survive?

• Haha 1