I think it is time each equipment template slot stored their own wardrobe look

I play other games and Final Fantasy, Star Wars the Old Republic, and Elder Scrolls Online all have the ability to mix/match skins into custom looks and store those looks in slots to swap between at one's leisure. You can save as many looks per character as slots you bought. I think they have a limit of 12 in FF.

GW2's system feels like it could use an update in this regard. The ability to store multiple looks per character would usher in incentive to unlocking more skins and possibly sell more equipment templates if each template could store it's own skins used. There is a lot of skins in the game but I stick to one look because of how much of a pain it is to swap looks all the time.

I have account bound armour that I can share between characters but they aren't the same race. Which limits the skins I can use on them if I want other characters to even use them. It is very alt unfriendly.

Please consider adding this to the game. QoL that might actually sell templates and motivate people to unlock skins even if they already have the look they like.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Sorry, I'm not sure that I understand the premise.  I mix and match for all of my characters using both the equipment and build templates in tandem.  I store a different look for each build so that when I swap builds it is easy to identify which one I'm using.

As for outfits, then that is a different thing.  Since they're made differently, I'm not sure Anet can work them in with swapping as they override whatever armor the character is using.  If this is what you're asking for, outfits rather than armor pieces, then sure I get it and would be on board with it.  I'm just not sure that it's programmed that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Sorry, I'm not sure that I understand the premise.  I mix and match for all of my characters using both the equipment and build templates in tandem.  I store a different look for each build so that when I swap builds it is easy to identify which one I'm using.

As for outfits, then that is a different thing.  Since they're made differently, I'm not sure Anet can work them in with swapping as they override whatever armor the character is using.  If this is what you're asking for, outfits rather than armor pieces, then sure I get it and would be on board with it.  I'm just not sure that it's programmed that way.

How are you doing that. Isn't your appearance tied to the gear. Meaning if you want to switch between a social look with friends to a battle look for combat you have to change all your equipment? How are you changing looks? You've played other mmorpgs right? I don't know how to describe what they do any better.

GW2 could really benefit from a Wardrobe slot system - Guild Wars 2 Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Forums

• Confused 1

Sounds like you want something like this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothing

So that you can easily switch between a non-combat look and a combat look.

Since that feature was removed my best guess would be to have an equipment template slot that is just some low level gear that you reskin to your casual look and then you can swap sets to get your combat/noncombat looks without having to change what the combat gear looks like.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, danickar.3495 said:

Since that feature was removed my best guess would be to have an equipment template slot that is just some low level gear that you reskin to your casual look and then you can swap sets to get your combat/noncombat looks without having to change what the combat gear looks like.

Yeah sure.

• Confused 1

I really hope this someday makes it into the game. I finally have a set of heavy ascended armour that I can share between characters but they are different races so all my cultural skins are pointless. This is a frustrating situation.

• Confused 1

• Redfeather.6401 changed the title to I think it is time each equipment template slot stored their own wardrobe look