Ground Targeting Ally Locking Bug

Hello everyone!

We're looking into this once more, but have been thus far unable to reproduce the bug on our end. If possible, could any of you who have experienced this bug provide a method by which to reproduce it? We need to understand the specific conditions under which this bug appears in order to investigate what could be causing it a bit more closely.

Thank you so much for your help!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Double Tap said:

Hello everyone!

We're looking into this once more, but have been thus far unable to reproduce the bug on our end. If possible, could any of you who have experienced this bug provide a method by which to reproduce it? We need to understand the specific conditions under which this bug appears in order to investigate what could be causing it a bit more closely.

Thank you so much for your help!

Here's one way I've found to reproduce it:

1. Load into a map while you're already in a party with a player in the map you're loading into
  2. Leave the party
  3. Create a squad
  4. Try to use a ground-targeted skill

Note: The position of the other player in your party seems to play a role in this. If the other player is too close to you, or too far away (so that you can't click on them), then ground-targeted skills will work fine.

I have recorded a video of these steps:

Edited by Avon.7936
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/28/2022 at 10:26 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, just letting you know that we're looking into this!

I believe this may be tied to the skyscale fireball skill. I've noticed that very rarely the game will act like I'm playing with action cam even though I'm not. AoEs are placed a certain distance from character, I am unable to click on anyone or anything to target them, I'm unable to walk backwards (my character directly turns around), etc.

Mounting up on the skyscale and using the fireball fixes it.

Edited by Mrs Lana.2506
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 9:48 AM, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

I believe this may be tied to the skyscale fireball skill. I've noticed that very rarely the game will act like I'm playing with action cam even though I'm not. AoEs are placed a certain distance from character, I am unable to click on anyone or anything to target them, I'm unable to walk backwards (my character directly turns around), etc.

Mounting up on the skyscale and using the fireball fixes it.

I just started having this weird targeting bug in the last week and came across this thread.

This skyscale "fix" worked for me. Thanks for mentioning this!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...