Ideas

Grand Marshal.4098

So WoD nerf, had a very constructive day on WvW today with testing stuff.

My guild, an allye guild, faced 4 enemy guilds. With the exception of one guild which relied heavily on Grav Well in 2 or 3 bubbles (escaping is practically ridicuously easier now) the rest ran banners.

I have not seen so many banners in a battlefield in a long time. Was checking around and trying myself some DPS SpB Hamm/GS build with the "improved" hamm and Hamm trait instead of Loss aversion for adrenaline and Slow counter for some cover condies that have less of a chance of getting converted and boon-countered. With banner, solid build, usually top 7 dps, hammer leaves a lot to be desired, with max might only got some 7ks Hamm 2, ofc it can hit harder but for the purpose of the build it rly wasn't that amazing. Hamm dmgjust the icing on the boonstrip. Classic Burstzerkers were being ran too, but obviously if you run zerkers you suffer a glassy comp, so once the banners are down they usually cannot recover the squad.

Point here is, I wasn't satisfied that much from this classic hybrid DPS/Strip. Reaper is massively better. WoD is much better to be kept with a tankier SpB for more defensive use. 

So there strook me. Good roamer, enters group and guild on the fly for the fights, Cele Tempest. Good cleanse, good boons, very solid immob and some cleave.

So if we can benefit somehow from the recent buffs (shouts/hamm) whilst also ensuring moderate cleanses/healing and having some cleave and most importantly cleave potential, then why not Cele SpB. Sure not a new concept, but the more we test it the better. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssAGG7iJxIxU6S/tB-z1IY1wDA-w So yeah, Cele, opinions? Any tests in larger scale? Taking a look at the immob and cripple/slow output it debilitates nicely, leaves some room for improvement with the rune tho. Was thinking divinity, as the 6th bonus scales perfectly on us and Trooper if we go full investment on the shouts (I prefer to run FGJ and capitalize on that than Balanced Stance and think of even slotting Trooper rune). WoD for defense can be used, but I see more potential on the banner. 

Discuss!

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Going off of what you linked and filling in I'd do this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssAGG7iJxIxU6S/tB-z1QY1w3j6pUqOE6uACPBSPCUdacwMA-w

But I would also just run core: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssAGG7ipxIxRdKdpD-z1QY1w3j6pUqOE6uACPBSPCUdacwMA-w since there is no bubble.

Pretty solid. I was thinking of body blow a lot. For better or worse SpB has a very good foundation for many of these cc traits. Also found slow counter quite handy in slowing down enemies today. Ideally you'd want to keep SpB for the potential boonstrip I guess. But if you are looking hard into the rezz and heal potential, then yeah, Core is probably the way to go. 

I believe we may be looking more into Cele for Warr now, heck might even try that Might share berserker build with Cele, but that's more condi dmg oriented so probs no. 

Anyway, I think we may be on to something here. Was rly interested in maximizing immob potential, which frankly is still pretty low and tough to achieve even with no escape and slow counter added to the mix. Warrior rly needs some big immob skill. I'd want to see throw bolla become more like the muddy terrain skill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Pretty solid. I was thinking of body blow a lot. For better or worse SpB has a very good foundation for many of these cc traits. Also found slow counter quite handy in slowing down enemies today. Ideally you'd want to keep SpB for the potential boonstrip I guess. But if you are looking hard into the rezz and heal potential, then yeah, Core is probably the way to go. 

I believe we may be looking more into Cele for Warr now, heck might even try that Might share berserker build with Cele, but that's more condi dmg oriented so probs no. 

Anyway, I think we may be on to something here. Was rly interested in maximizing immob potential, which frankly is still pretty low and tough to achieve even with no escape and slow counter added to the mix. Warrior rly needs some big immob skill. I'd want to see throw bolla become more like the muddy terrain skill. 

If you want immob then you need to run viper, Tempest runes, and Arms. This is one of the reasons I was really hoping for a Power/Expertise|Ferocity/precision stat set...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAQx7lJwQYXMMGJWaTpvNA-zVRYNBFYG1f+ngSPEB6vGF8bB-w

But that is all mostly single target. Run Rampage for silliness on the AA chain.

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If you want immob then you need to run viper, Tempest runes, and Arms. This is one of the reasons I was really hoping for a Power/Expertise|Ferocity/precision stat set...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAQx7lJwQYXMMGJWaTpvNA-zVRYNBFYG1f+ngSPEB6vGF8bB-w

But that is all mostly single target. Run Rampage for silliness on the AA chain.

But then the build gets very condi/selfish to matter in the zerg. Anyway, that's about it. I'll come by later to check something too.

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

But then the build gets very condi/selfish to matter in the zerg. Anyway, that's about it. I'll come by later to check something too.

Meh, really just for the cover condis. Like I said I really wanted a PE/PF set to get released to run a power focused build with long soft CC durations.

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

But, I like the idea of weakness on cc from body blow so maybe I'll just remove discipline for strength and Body blow, merciless hammer and mending might. 

Adrenaline for days my friend.

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Meh, really just for the cover condis. Like I said I really wanted a PE/PF set to get released to run a power focused build with long soft CC durations.

Adrenaline for days my friend.

i think it has potential as a hybrid build rly. so the more test it the better.

2 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

i think it has potential as a hybrid build rly. so the more test it the better.

It does. The long duration cripple, vuln, and immobs will however get you on people's hate lists and they'll focus you whenever your groups clash again. Speaking from experience.  24 stacks of vuln+immob means they'll have a bad time.

• Haha 1