[SAB] Character + mini pet scaling

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not only do mini pets receive an upscaling in the Super Adventure Box's lobby, my Asura is also upscaled in size, which looks a bit creepy to be honest. 😉

It's not a bug that all races are scaled to about the same heigh. As far as I remember it was explained, that it was done so the SAB world don't have to be designed with the size of the different races in mind and to also make the jump difficulty about the same for everyone.

2 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

It's not a bug that all races are scaled to about the same heigh. As far as I remember it was explained, that it was done so the SAB world don't have to be designed with the size of the different races in mind and to also make the jump difficulty about the same for everyone.

Well, that isn't working at all then 😉 , because I ran SAB on my asura engineer the other day and had to shoot from completely different platforms in W2Z3 to be able to hit the crystals with my slingshot in order to get to the Glitch mining node. :classic_huh: (I usually play it on my human ranger.)

Anyway, it doesn't explain the scaling of mini pets in the lobby, either. 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, that isn't working at all then 😉 , because I ran SAB on my asura engineer the other day and had to shoot from completely different platforms in W2Z3 to be able to hit the crystals with my slingshot in order to get to the Glitch mining node. :classic_huh: (I usually play it on my human ranger.)

Anyway, it doesn't explain the scaling of mini pets in the lobby, either. 😄

Sure there is a small difference, but it is not as extreme as in the open world, where jumppuzzles with charr and norn can be a chore in narrow or low-ceilinged rooms.

Are sure the minipet is upscaled and it's not just the char scaling that makes it look upscaled, if yes which mini was it. I just tried to measure on of the mini golems with the ingame coordinates and it doesn't look upscaled.

4 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Are sure the minipet is upscaled and it's not just the char scaling that makes it look upscaled, if yes which mini was it. I just tried to measure on of the mini golems with the ingame coordinates and it doesn't look upscaled.

They all looked huge (in comparison to outside of the SAB) on my human ranger, e.g. half-naked Lord Faren or the dogs.