Awakened/Human relationships?

Weindrasi.3805

In Vabbian culture, we know that Awakened are integral members of society and families. In one instance, we see a family of living humans, and their Awakened grandfathers going three generations back. Some Awakened do not seem to know who they were before death, and do not remember living. Others, though, seem to retain their memories and have close relationships with their family members. I would like to know and understand more about relationships between Awakened and humans in Vabbi. For instance, if you have a pair of best friends, and one dies and is Awakened, presumably that friendship will continue. Similarly, if one's spouse became Awakened, would they still consider themselves married? Are there ever romantic relations between Awakened and living Vabbians? And how does their society at large view such?I really enjoy seeing the interactions between Awakened and living in Vabbi--it is a really interesting dynamic and I hope Arenanet explores deeper into this society and how it works.

The idea rises a lot of questions and possibilities. I really hope Anet take the challenge and explore the issue in more detail. However, the topic is also very prone to awkward situations, so its very possible they don't delve too deep there...Palawa Joko is almost sure to return to the story, anyway, and his fate should somehow impact the awakened he created. So I think at least in that aspect we'll see a bit more background development for this interesting social agreement.

Archived