Need Help to Find Norn Female Medium Armor Waist Length Tops

Warzog.6315

I have A Female Norn Ranger that I created on August 24th 2012. As she is the last of my original characters, I'd like her to look nice. I've tried several different armors, but most, like the Norn Predatory Cultural armor has an ugly Hoop Skirt (with invisible hoops) that hangs like it's made of sheet metal with an always open front. Others, like the Norn's Wolf armor has this weird looking stuff on the front and back that reacts strangely to dyes.The thing I find annoying is that while looking at various armors, I.E. the Orders' armor, only the medium armor has the skirts attached to the top, the light and heavy don't. The only waist length medium top I've found is the Sneakthief top, which is being used to death in the population.Are there any other waist length medium armor tops? If so, which ones, and where does one get them?

Krytan Jerkin is probably the best, but being a gem store item you might have to grab it when it next appears, the same goes for the Striders set which isn't too bad. Triumphant (which is also one of the few non trenchcoats available to male characters) is available as a wvw reward track and is fairly form fitting and just covers the outer parts of the upper thighs. Easier to obtain is duelists which is hip length but can be bought with karma.

If you have a look on the wiki there is a quick links page which has a link to the gallery for all the medium armors available for Norn females, which might give you an idea what to go for, alternatively there is a wardrobe tab in the bank which allows you to preview any of the armors on your character, you would then need to check the wiki for how to get them.

There's also the ascended coat which is just slightly longer than waist length (with a flap hanging down on the front).

FYI the reason the 'skirt' is attached to the top on medium armour is because it's a long coat, typically called a trench coat on this forum although in real-life that only applies to one specific style.

Well, I understand that, and my thief wears the Privateer outfit, which looks nice, but it's not the "Look" I want on my Female Norn. Besides that, if the "trench coat" idea were correct, they wouldn't look like hoop skirts trying to cover a pile of leaves, they'ld drop straight down as though gravity actually had an effect on them. The Norn Female Predatory top has this skirt that's open in the front, but the rest of the skirt is like a sphere. Creeps me out. :s

Archived