Server down?

From Singapore as well, using Exitlag. The Wiki appears to be down as well. Tried accessing the Wiki via my mobile and there's no issues (Circles), tried doing the same thing with WIFI on (connecting to my broadband, Starhub) and I can't access the Wiki again.

2 minutes ago, Kennie.5241 said:

i am in now, 2hours ups and downs interval.

down from 12pm to 2pm (GMT+8)
up from 2pm to 4pm
down from 4pm to now about 6pm. 

I'm exactly same like you.

Edited by Efer.7962

This news article dated 17.04.2022 I found might be related:
"The Asia Pacific Gateway (APG) undersea cable, which connects eight countries and territories in the region, is facing problems with its S1.7 section, about 910 km from Southeast Asia. The fault was detected at 9 pm on April 15, the Internet Service Provider (ISP) said on April 17, noting that there has been no information about the repair work from the operator so far. The APG cable... runs 10,400 kilometers (6,460 miles) under the Pacific Ocean, linking Japan with Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, the Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam."

Source: https://en.vietnamplus.vn/faulty-undersea-cable-to-slow-internet-speed-in-vietnam/225159.vnp

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, Jukhy.2431 said:

This news article dated 17.04.2022 I found might be related:
"The Asia Pacific Gateway (APG) undersea cable, which connects eight countries and territories in the region, is facing problems with its S1.7 section, about 910 km from Southeast Asia. The fault was detected at 9 pm on April 15, the Internet Service Provider (ISP) said on April 17, noting that there has been no information about the repair work from the operator so far. The APG cable... runs 10,400 kilometers (6,460 miles) under the Pacific Ocean, linking Japan with Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, the Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam."

Source: https://en.vietnamplus.vn/faulty-undersea-cable-to-slow-internet-speed-in-vietnam/225159.vnp

Dont think this is the cause for my case...since I can access every other sites accept GW2...and I have been experiencing 4k lags way earlier this year than my first feedback...

• 3 weeks later...

It was good for a few weeks and the problem is back again. Connecting to NA from Singapore, using StarHub.

Getting 4k ping in crowded areas, anywhere between 300 (which is normal latency for SEA players) to 1k ping in regular areas.

Happened before multiple times, spoke to support from both ArenaNet and Starhub... and its the same replies all the time from both parties.

Edited by Hakata.6742
  • Haha 1