Please ADD a DUEL MODE in pve world

26 minutes ago, brunolord.7359 said:

what's the problem with a simple 1 v 1 duel mode in PVE, if the player doesn't agree, just refuse the duel invitation, you create a thousand arguments against that make no sense

because it would be hella unfair! have you ever had a duell in the Guildhall? PvE uses a diffrent balancing of traits/skills/etc. Some things are REALLY broken in pve, damagewise... some things hit 3x as hard as in PvP/WvW!

In what setting should those duells happen? what balancing?Pve?PvP?WvW? all of those are balanced totally diffrent. And i am not sure if the game engine supports swapping from PvE balance to WvW balance assoon as you hit accept on that Duell request. Also this game is not even balanced for duells... some professions are without a doubt stronger in duells than others... It just doesnt make any sense to have that really... because you a) have whack pve balance and b) even the "balanced pvp" is not even balanced for duells....     it would be just a gimmick.... a gimmick that gives every Mechanist main a "alltime high", because mechanist is without a doubt the strongest thing in a 1v1 fight to the death scenario...

If you want to fight you friends... just hit "G" ->  Guildhall  -> go in the duellarena there -> Duell -> your done? -> just leave Guildhall -> you are back where you started...   

^You can already duell your friends in the openworld! you simply join Guildhall instance and leave after the duell. you both will still be at the same spot in PvE and you had a duell! Briliant!

BUT after just a few duells there you will notice what i am speaking about... some professions have RIDICILOUS damageoutput in PvE compared to their PvP/WvW balance and will therefore straightup dominate. 

There is also Armistice Bastion and the PvP loby....  ALOT of spaces where you can duell!

Guildhall is PvE balance

Duellarena is PvP balance

Armistice is WvW balance

i was always sad that they dont have openworld duell request.... but as soon as i had a few duells in Guildhall... i knew why they were not a thing....  because PvE balance is complete nonsense when fighting another player! IF the engine doesnt even support having the WvW balance inside this designated duellspace in the Guildarena..... i doubt it has the capabilitys to change the balance as soon as you accept a duell... i highly doubt it.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

because it would be hella unfair! have you ever had a duell in the Guildhall? PvE uses a diffrent balancing of traits/skills/etc. Some things are REALLY broken in pve, damagewise... some things hit 3x as hard as in PvP/WvW!

In what setting should those duells happen? what balancing?Pve?PvP?WvW? all of those are balanced totally diffrent. And i am not sure if the game engine supports swapping from PvE balance to WvW balance assoon as you hit accept on that Duell request. Also this game is not even balanced for duells... some professions are without a doubt stronger in duells than others... It just doesnt make any sense to have that really... because you a) have whack pve balance and b) even the "balanced pvp" is not even balanced for duells....     it would be just a gimmick.... a gimmick that gives every Mechanist main a "alltime high", because mechanist is without a doubt the strongest thing in a 1v1 fight to the death scenario...

If you want to fight you friends... just hit "G" ->  Guildhall  -> go in the duellarena there -> Duell -> your done? -> just leave Guildhall -> you are back where you started...   

^You can already duell your friends in the openworld! you simply join Guildhall instance and leave after the duell. you both will still be at the same spot in PvE and you had a duell! Briliant!

BUT after just a few duells there you will notice what i am speaking about... some professions have RIDICILOUS damageoutput in PvE compared to their PvP/WvW balance and will therefore straightup dominate. 

There is also Armistice Bastion and the PvP loby....  ALOT of spaces where you can duell!

Guildhall is PvE balance

Duellarena is PvP balance

Armistice is WvW balance

i was always sad that they dont have openworld duell request.... but as soon as i had a few duells in Guildhall... i knew why they were not a thing....  because PvE balance is complete nonsense when fighting another player! IF the engine doesnt even support having the WvW balance inside this designated duellspace in the Guildarena..... i doubt it has the capabilitys to change the balance as soon as you accept a duell... i highly doubt it.

not everyone has access to guild hall , your argument makes no sense , following your logic if I want to go x1 with a random player that is close to me, I need to invite him to a guild and then go to the guild hall, that makes no sense , the duel mode is  an invitation , the player accepts if he wants , the duel starts with both players full hp and ends with the hp restored , nobody loses anything , I see no problem with that , if the player who lost the duel is unbalanced continue to improve your gear

Edited by brunolord.7359
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, brunolord.7359 said:

not everyone has access to guild hall , your argument makes no sense , the duel mode is  an invitation , the player accepts if he wants , the duel starts with both players full hp and ends with the hp restored , nobody loses , I see no problem with that , if the player who lost the duel is unbalanced continue to improve your gear

i try to explain it again.

The Pve gamemode is completly diffrent balancewise than PvP.  For example a skill will have a tooltip of 2800 in PvE but it is only 600 in PvP gamemodes. This leads to serious balance problems!

And i dont think the Engine is capable of having a diffrent balancing in those duells. So you will always have a very strange balance, where everyone will jsut get 2 hittet by their opponent. If you want Duells you have to go into PvP!

Everyone has access to a guildhall! just join a guild! if you want i can invite you to mine. You can then use our guildarena for free. No need to talk to us or something i just want to give you access to the guildhall if you dont have one! ❤️

you can then just join the guildhall with the friend you want to duell and leave and continue exactly where you left in PvE. This is as close as being able to duell in PvE as it gets!

Edited by Sahne.6950

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i try to explain it again.

The Pve gamemode is completly diffrent balancewise than PvP.  For example a skill will have a tooltip of 2800 in PvE but it is only 600 in PvP gamemodes. This leads to serious balance problems!

And i dont think the Engine is capable of having a diffrent balancing in those duells. So you will always have a very strange balance, where everyone will jsut get 2 hittet by their opponent. If you want Duells you have to go into PvP!

it could be solved, it wouldn't be impossible

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, brunolord.7359 said:

it could be solved, it wouldn't be impossible

They are almsot completly neglecting PvP and WvW gamemodes already... a majority of the playerbase is only interested in PvE content. I highly doubt they are gonna invest any resources into develeping openworld duelling. Dont get me wrong! i REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted this when i started playing.. but i noticed that PvE balance just doesnt fit duelling. Nowadays i spend my time in PvP and WvW where people actually want.... tooo.... duell you know... just join us and let go off that idea. It sadly wont happen. If you want fair duells with people that actually know what they are doing just join WvW and go on the Alpine borderlands. North of the Southern camp there is a openfield, people meet there to duell.! Hope to see you there soon, because that is the place where duells are happening in Guildwars 2.

I explained every possible problem why it may not be implemented i explained how and where you can duell and even offered you a Guildhallarena completly for free (its our secondguild and we are never there; completly FREE all yours), but you dont want any of this....     i tried. 😔

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Please use the forums search feature.  This has been addressed in many, many threads already.  Formats for dueling already exist.  There is no need to add them to PvE.

6 hours ago, brunolord.7359 said:

what's the problem with a simple 1 v 1 duel mode in PVE, if the player doesn't agree, just refuse the duel invitation, you create a thousand arguments against that make no sense

Players don't want to be spammed with dueling requests.

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1