Dungeon Exotic gear should be stat selectable

14 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It already is. Legendaries are very expensive vanity  skins with some QoL, unless someone really wants new stats as new contents as released.

A pretty huge QoL though. 😛 I was bleeding money until i made my armor, trinkets and backpack. I don't have the rings, but blood ruby stuff, one attuned, one not is pretty much legendary.

It is also very easy to change ascended stats, and sometimes easier than getting new exotics. For example, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Intact_Mosaic

serves as both insignia or inscription to change stats on ascended pieces. I really wish they had carried this style elsewhere.

Idk, changing a full set, 6 armor + 4 weapons (worst case), depending on stats, can cost 50-100+ gold, not to mention the costs of taking infusions out if you have any, plus, if you use meta runes and sigils, you need to buy those again too. 

The cost can skyrocket pretty fast into 250+ gold territory!

At that point, making a legendary seems extremely cheap in comparison, especially if the meta changes a lot, or you have multiple builds or whatnot.

With the high cost of templates, ascended gear is also potentially more efficient when it comes to stat swapping. You can probably get 5-6 ascended armor sets for each legendary, and this is not even including whatever else you need to do to get said legendary.

Idk, not really. I did that for a long time, and like i said, i was bleeding money. Cause you always inevitabely need to buy something extra, or there's a hidden cost. Like, if 2 sets share a rune set. You need to buy 12 runes, not 6.

It adds up at the places you wouldn't expect and can easily get cumbersome.

I'm happy i did all the legendary stuff. The QoL i got is insane! 

I'm gonna make more when i can!

Although the difference between exotic and ascended is probably 10%, and exotics can't take infusions. Now maybe if you reach some of the fractal titles you won't need infusions in your armor, but that is moot by then.

At the end of the day it's not really about getting people easy exotics as much as it is about giving people a reason to run dungeons.

True. Though, exotics are already pretty easy and cheap (except for certain stats). 

Having them be free would practically tank the price of the ones on TP making crafting them worthless.

So while i'm not against dungeon armor being stat selectable, i can't help but wonder what broader effect it would have in the game - except making dungeon runs a bit more frequent.

Still - would it even do that?

Cause people would just again do the META thing, find the fastest dungeon, farm it, get tokens, buy armor. 

I mean, if all dungeon armor is stat selectable, the only thing it would change is how often that one most efficient path is run, and people would probably gatekeep it by needing killproof as well lmao. If you run it in 2:00 you're garbage, you need LI to run the full path in 1:57!!!! 

Those 3 seconds are someone's life yo! 🤣

Anyway, they'd probably need to split what stats are available across dungeons. Like CoF gives power/condi stats, TA gives condi/defense, AC for power, etc. Spread them out so they're all equally run. Then make only a few stats available for each dungeon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

dk, changing a full set, 6 armor + 4 weapons (worst case), depending on stats, can cost 50-100+ gold, not to mention the costs of taking infusions out if you have any, plus, if you use meta runes and sigils, you need to buy those again too. 

The cost can skyrocket pretty fast into 250+ gold territory!

At that point, making a legendary seems extremely cheap in comparison, especially if the meta changes a lot, or you have multiple builds or whatnot.

I think a legendary set is about.... 2000 gold? You'd need to stat change about 20 times and most stats aren't 100g. 

Also the 2000 g only covers armor as weapons would be another 1500+ each.

This is not to include the timegated stuff that you must do-- pvp, wvw, or raids that isn't an option for everyone.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:52 AM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I think a legendary set is about.... 2000 gold? You'd need to stat change about 20 times and most stats aren't 100g. 

Also the 2000 g only covers armor as weapons would be another 1500+ each.

This is not to include the timegated stuff that you must do-- pvp, wvw, or raids that isn't an option for everyone.

Still. Feels better to just change stats than go through the while process of stat swapping.

Then you always forget something, maybe you have to buy on tp and wait for someone to sell at buy price, then run around LA crafting, going to fractals to buy infusion extractors, going to tp yo buy another set of runes that you will now destroy...

It's not just 100 gold, it's more.

And the times I changed my stats on armor, across multiple characters (you're forgetting alts), it paid itself already multiple times! 

If you don't have a lot of characters or builds, if one or two ascended sets are all you need, then it's fine.

Above that, I'd advise anyone to go make leggy armor and trinkets. Especially if you play more modes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1