Builds Discussion

Sebrent.3625

So playing around with pvp builds again and was curious people's thoughts on the core idea I'm playing with as well as how they'd personally build on top of that core (other traits, weapons, utilities, etc.)

The core of the current things I'm playing with is the combination of traits:

(1) Chaos : Auspicious Anguish : Convert damaging conditions to boons whenever you gain Distortion or become disabled

(2) Inspiration : Inspiring Devotion : Grant aegis to other nearby allies whenever you give yourself distortion or use Shatter skill 4.

(3) Inspiration : Blurred Inscriptions : Signets have improved effects, and activating one grants you distortion.

So 1 second of distortion on Signet use which results in also giving us 2+s of Aegis as well as converting 2 damaging conditions to boons.

With Mirage, this pairs well with Desert Distortion

(4a) Mirage : Desert Distortion : Illusions shattered by Distortion become Mirage Mirrors. Ambush skills become available for a short time whenever you grant distortion to yourself.

So now each signet does what it does for core but now also allows you to use your Ambush skill per Signet use. I think staff gets a special note as it gives Alacrity thus speeding up your Signet cooldowns so that you can re-use them again; feeding into itself.

With Virtuoso, I think this naturally goes with its existing ability to spam Aegis from shatters and benefit from blocking/evading.

(4a) Virtuoso : Bladeturn Refrain : Bladesongs grant aegis

(4b) Virtuoso : Duelist's Reversal : Blocking or dodging an attack grants boons (Quickness, Fury, Regen) ... 3s ICD

(4c) Virtuoso : Pyschic Riposte : Blocking or dodging an attack stocks blades and causes your next Bladesong to be unblockable ... 3s ICD

For quick reference of what I'm talking about for each

Bare bones Mirage: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiA4hIB/IA

Bare bones Virtuoso: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiA4hIBHrA

So thoughts on the core concept? How would you build on top of it? Any ideas for Chronomancer or Core Mesmer?

Edited by Sebrent.3625
Fixed Bare bone Virtuoso link

Your bare bones Virtuoso link goes to mirage

My bare bones chrono:

Link:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiAYB8A1iA-e

You get speed and you slow others down with time sink shatter 3

Chaotic interupption(chaos): speed you up upon interrupt

Ineptitude(dualing): damage on interrupt

Lost time(chrono): alacrity on slow

Delayed reactions(chrono): slow on disable

@Infinity.2876 Thanks for the heads up. I fixed the link.

It looks like your suggestion for Chronomancer is throwing out the core idea which is gaining the many benefits from using a Signet (distortion, aegis, conditions converted to boons on distortion or being CC'd).

Do you think there isn't much value in that for a Chronomancer?

What weapons, utilities, amulets, runes, sigils are you thinking?

Well, most non-glasscannon Mirage builds are indeed using  Inspi to distort and Chaos to profit from distortion. Problem is, is difficult to justify going for the upper branch instead of just taking more condi damage with the last, since you already have shatters to cleanse on Inspi.

@Ombras.2853That's actually one of the things I've been playing around with ... is the Auspicious Anguish carrying its weight given the other sources of condi cleanse and reduces condi damage/duration in the build.

If taking Restorative Illusions ... I think it's a bit heavy on the condi cleanse.

If not taking Restorative Illusions (in favor of maybe Warden's Focus), then perhaps it could still be warranted.

Or maybe neither one is needed as the build has enough sustain/cleanse without either and we want some boon stripping, vigor, more damage, and/or shorter weapon cooldowns.

These are the things I'm curious of with regard to other folks' thoughts and opinions. I'm curious what others think is/isn't interesting and what people have/haven't tried, enjoyed, etc.