Eternal Ice Shard nodes: questions

First, are the nodes in Bjora Marches not instanced per player?

Second, in the long run is there anything that I might need to purchase with the shards aside from currency for the Skyscale mount, ie., legendaries etc. Mainly I'm wondering if there is enough reason to purchase the house node.

Edited by Oriens.5630

Crafting the boreal weapons collection gives access to a few IBS mastery points, some ingots recipe, and the "cheapest" 32 slots bags iirc.

Other than that, ice is mostly a dump for S4 currency, not only for skyscale, but vision (legendary trinket). You need 3k+ kralkatorite ore among other things for it

Idk about the nodes, I just do strikes & bjora chestruns to get my ice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can convert s4 Currency into volatile magic into trophy shipments into gold. So if you want a node that isn't the worst to get. Also ice shards can buy you ascended Amulet + earring. So there is a use for them. But nothing is locked behind eternal shards to my knowledge. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oriens.5630 said:

Second, in the long run is there anything that I might need to purchase with the shards aside from currency for the Skyscale mount, ie., legendaries etc. Mainly I'm wondering if there is enough reason to purchase the house node.

You'll find that eternal ice shards will become abundant in the long-term. I'd say the node isn't worth it due to the 50g cost.

You can get a few hundred each day by doing a run of the large & medium essence chests in Bjora (the route I used with griffon & skyscale took about 6 minutes for 200+), and you can  get even more from harvesting the nodes in the map. If you do IBS strikes and metas, that's a few hundred more.

As for long term purchases: cheap ascended amulet & accessory (56k karma + 375 ice shards) and season 4 currency.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information in your replies.

Would anyone know about the nodes in the wild? Are they instanced to each player? I can't tell if nodes are empty because I'm hitting a max gathering number or if some other mechanic is at play.