How does Harbinger DS actually work?

Winterauge.1540

Hey everyone,
I've been playing the Necro for a while now and often come across the question in PvP of how the hell other Harbingers manage to go into their Shroud and only lose Lifeforce instead of life. Shouldn't that be the case with the new Shroud? Have I overlooked a certain traitline? 
Would be happy to understand it so that I can better react or even adapt to it.

Regards 

Harbinger has huge health regeneration when its user properly utilizes its synergies.

That's its main defense mechanic: a few kiting options (two 600 range leaps) and a lot of regeneration. When you play a bunker, a harbinger can facetank and outregenerate your damage and unload its shroud autos until you die.

So what you experience is just a harbinger outregenerating your damage while its shroud degenerates by 5% each second. The spec has to be bursted 2v1 to get into trouble, but then it's a freekill - like every necro in a 1vX situation due to not having unlimited damage mitigations like evades and blocks.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Winterauge.1540 said:

Hey everyone,
I've been playing the Necro for a while now and often come across the question in PvP of how the hell other Harbingers manage to go into their Shroud and only lose Lifeforce instead of life. Shouldn't that be the case with the new Shroud? Have I overlooked a certain traitline? 
Would be happy to understand it so that I can better react or even adapt to it.

Regards 

The new mechanic is Blight, which decreases maximum health by 1.5% per stack I believe. However, you won't see the difference as enemy health only shows percentage based dmg, so if they are at 33k/33k health and stay in shroud for a while, they might be at 25k/25k health but continue to appear as 100% health, because the Maximum health is reduced, not pure health. 

Doing dmg to a harbinger you will see the difference, they are more squishy in shroud with lots of stacks of Blight, than outside of it.

Edit: added "per stack" to response.

Edited by Stago.7608
  • Like 1

Hey thanks for the quick replies, I wasn't expecting that. 

I should have been more specific, I am aware of the lifeloss over blight. I was more concerned about the harbingers that don't get DMG in the shroud, or even heal themselves. 

But you have described that well. Do you go into the Blood Magic or the Death Magic path for that?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Winterauge.1540 said:

Do you go into the Blood Magic or the Death Magic path for that?

Curses GM trait: heal for ticking condis on target

DM GM trait: 1% of HP as regeneration in shroud

BM minor trait: regeneration boon on dodge and leeches

Blight mechanic: HP regeneration for each blight stack

You can pick 3 out of these 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1